Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for July page 4

c_bolton12 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Didn't worry about Whole30 this weekend as I was biking 2-3 hours each day and spending time with friends outside and at the pool. Stayed within my calorie requirements and still GAINED 3.5 POUNDS... IN 2 DAYS!! Ugh, I feel so bloated and gross.

Anyway, Whole30 starts today for me. I really have no excuses this month as my only travel is vacation to Cape Cod with the family and my dad is strictly primal so we can cook together easily.

Breakfast: 3 paleo quiche muffins (egg, hamburger, green/red peppers, onions, tomatoes)
    Lunch: Homemade beanless chili and broccoli

Plan to run/lift after work.

Good luck all!
    It is always too early to quit.
    Went primal- 02/25/12, height: 5'6", starting weight: 143.0, current weight: 133.8

"Doubt never stops. Neither do you."- Prove People Wrong.
    http://www.provepeoplewrong.com/

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Day 1 for me today - I know... it's July 2... lol

B:
    2 eggs scrambled in the nuker at work (worked well - will probably do it again)
    4 slices nitrate/nitrite free bacon (leftover from this weekend)
    grapes

L: (whenever I get hungry, I guess)
    catfish filets sauteed in ghee, then baked to doneness
    steamed sugar snap peas

D:
    two 4 oz pork chops on the grill
    some kind of veggie, not sure what yet.

Starting weight 199. I'm contemplating not weighing this time around. I think it would be cool to step on the scale on day 31 and see a nice loss, but at the same time, it would be terribly disappointing to not see the loss I would be hoping for, so maybe I'll do like I did last time and just weigh as usual. Then there's no unfulfilled hopes at the end, just in case. I just took my measurements last week to mark the end of my Whole30 for June (more like a Whole23, but whatever) so I won't do it this time around. I'll just wait til the end.

My MIL just asked me to bring a veggie tray to her house on Wednesday for our little 4th of July celebration (more like Mom, Dad, kids and grandkids getting together, hanging out for the day - nothing much more than that). I am also taking my own catfish as they'll bread theirs in a wheat abomination and then further offending my gut by using peanut oil to fry it in. I'll pan fry mine in ghee with some Chef Paul's blackened seafood seasoning instead. What do you think I should use for a dip for the veggies b/c I know they'll want one. Anyone know of a whole30 approved veggie dip?? Everything I think of is made with dairy...

Also, one more question... store bought ghee... refrigerate or not? When I bought it, it was sitting on the shelf, but I placed it in the fridge b/c that was the instruction for the ghee I made from butter. Just curious b/c it's hard as a rock when it's in the fridge all the time. Wondered if it would be safe in the pantry.

Anyhow, let's rock July, folks! My goal is ZERO cheats this time around.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comma is offline Senior Member
    All right, I'm doing my best and on day two. Yesterday all meat and veggies, today eggs with bacon, smoked salmon and avocado, lunch drumsticks with applesauce (no sugar but erythrobic acid- does that qualify?). And a couple of shreds of beef jerkey.
    The big thing for me is to drop the dairy; I always ate a ton of it- like probaby half my calories a day. Now I dropped it, I have the mental clarity thing going people always talked about- never knew what they meant before! Like last night I woke up and was ready to jump up and get going, like I was on crack. Didn't even think I'd slept yet, until I remembered the dream I had and concluded that I must have been asleep before. This is going to be interesting.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Jenn, I made this salad dressing yesterday, using coconut milk in place of the buttermilk. It was thick and creamy and awesome flavour. Would make a lovely veggie dip. Closet Cooking: Creamy Avocado Dressing (aka Guacamole Buttermilk Dressing)

Great! Thanks!

Day 1 (for me) was a success! Food was listed above.

Down a pound (don't yell at me... I weigh daily).

Feeling pretty good today. Kind of feel a slight headache forming, but other than that, I'm ok. No crazy sugar cravings, sleepy this morning and didn't want to get out of bed, but not feeling drowsy right now, so I hope that means I'll be ok.

Comma is offline Senior Member
    Day 3....felt unenchanted about foods today, but had yummy breakfast with bacon, egg, cherries, sunflower seeds and coconut flakes. Fruit are allowed, right?

I notice how I'm SO less interested in food after only three days...I htink even those little servings of dairy and/or maple sirup I had really messed with my appetite. And with the loss of interest comes the loss of hunger and the serving sizes get smaller all by themselves.

This is GOOD! So much nicer than out of control grazing, even on primal foods. I also think it is important for me not to try and control serving sizes at all, I have a vicious psychological backlash every time and end up gorging myself for days after trying to cut down. I think my kids and my job suck up all my self-discipline, hehe! Weight loss has to take care of itself these days.
    Guests with little kids all month long, this isn't going to be easy...

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I'm in! I had to quit after a whole23 in June b/c excessive antibiotic treatments required some probiotics. Dr suggested yogurt. I found a probiotic I liked in the store and gave up the yogurt, but not until I got rehooked on sugar and gained 4 lbs...

I'm excited to do this again. I don't think I have anything going on this month that could derail me (or produce a situation where derailing could be possible, I guess), so hopefully I can stick to it 100% this time.

Lost 10 lbs last month doing it for only 23 days. This month I hope to lose 10 as well. More, of course, would be welcomed, though.
    Wow, that's awesome!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

c_bolton12 is offline Member
    Day 1 (for me) was a sucess, closed out what I posted above with some rotisserie chicken and blackberries for dinner. I was down a pound this morning also @jenn26point2! Amazing how that happens.

I ate 3 quiche muffins and 6-8 macademia nuts for breakfast around 10:30 this morning. Might skip lunch because my parents are coming in tonight and my dad (also primal) will want to eat a big meal.
    It is always too early to quit.
    Went primal- 02/25/12, height: 5'6", starting weight: 143.0, current weight: 133.8

"Doubt never stops. Neither do you."- Prove People Wrong.
    http://www.provepeoplewrong.com/

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Today is my 52nd birthday. For my birthday, I have given myself my body back. I have dropped 13 lbs in the last 2 months, returning to last summer's (and the last 4 year's) weight range and the return of my body to the shape that fits my entire summer wardrobe. I have energy, I feel sexy and strong. I have Whole30 to thank for making that happen in the last 2 months.

I have further that I want to go with this. I want to stay off most grains, processed foods and sugars forever, only enjoy the best of dairy and alcohol. I love having no bloating, no daily gas issues, no blood sugar lows. But for now, I'm in a birthday-induced glow of good feelings and contentment. And I'm stuffed on lunch. A little bowl of very rich chicken bone broth (leftover from baked chicken a few days ago - the pan drippings looked and tasted too good to throw out), a zucchini and bacon stirfry, a few fresh peas. On the horizon for supper are Hungarian Stuffed Peppers, made by a little Hungarian woman at our local farmer's market. They have some rice (which I'm allowing myself during my not-quite-Whole30 week off), but look and smell amazing. And fresh strawberries with coconut milk (milk or cream for the guys). Doesn't that sound like an awesome birthday dinner??

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast