Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for July page 25

cavequeen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    day-14

Not losing anymore weight in fact gained a bit, mainly hormonal I think due to time of the month. But I definitely need to step anyway from the scale. I am making myself crazy wondering if I am eating too much fat, or too little carbs (veggies, nuts, fruits),or too big portions. Gak! I feel pretty contented on the eating plan though without a lot of cravings, just impatient either scale to move more or inches or bp to be lower but my body will do it when ready.

I just have to stay positive that good changes are happening inside that aren't reflected at the moment.

Inksplat is offline Member
    So, today is my Day 1.

Yesterday, however, I got extremely annoyed at a couple things while out shopping.

First, every single thing of chicken/beef broth had added sugar. Also bacon.. I don't get it. What the hell? Why is that normal?

And second, unrelated, while at Babys R Us with my wife last night, I noticed that every baby formula had added sugar. Whyyyy.

On the bright side, I ate my first raw avocado today (well, more like a 1/4 of one, but still), and I was actually pretty surprised. I've never been a huge fan of guacamole, but apparently that is because of whatever generally get's added. Nice surprise, and made my breakfast super filling.
    SW: 324.6 ----- CW: 310
    Primal Journal

Annika is offline Senior Member
    DAY 29!!!

I think I need to be very careful as I end my Whole30. The last time I did one I ended the day before Thanksgiving - bad timing! I ate everything at Thanksgiving dinner, and therefore wasted the reintroduction period. I slipped right back into my 80-20 eating habits. My daughter's birthday is the 31st, and I've decided that I will start reintroducing dairy and sugar, but hold off on grains for a few more days. I've caught myself fantasizing about what scrumptious primal dessert I could make myself alongside her regular cake. My sugar cravings have not gone away, even though the only sweet thing I've eaten (except for whole fruit) has been one Larabar.

I haven't really noticed any results from the Whole30. I don't need to lose weight, but I was hoping for a reduction in joint pain and headaches. My energy level is marginally better - maybe. I'm a little disappointed because so many people report amazing results.

Like others have mentioned in this thread, I have a bit of an all-or-nothing thing going with food. Without strict unbreakable rules, my slippery slope is very slippery indeed. The Whole30 certainly helps me avoid bad foods, but I feel too deprived. I miss butter and cream. I MISS SUGAR, which is my big problem - how do I self-regulate when it comes to sugar? I would like to have some once in a while, but that has not worked well in the past. Setting rules for myself like "it has to be homemade" or "only on special occasions" don't end up working.

I need to re-read It Starts With Food.
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

wendyland is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cavequeen View Post
    day-14

Not losing anymore weight in fact gained a bit, mainly hormonal I think due to time of the month. But I definitely need to step anyway from the scale. I am making myself crazy wondering if I am eating too much fat, or too little carbs (veggies, nuts, fruits),or too big portions. Gak! I feel pretty contented on the eating plan though without a lot of cravings, just impatient either scale to move more or inches or bp to be lower but my body will do it when ready.

I just have to stay positive that good changes are happening inside that aren't reflected at the moment.
    My weight has been the same all week. I need to put it away for the next 10 days and concentrate on my health and not my weight. I've been the same weight so long, I need to just relax about it.

cavequeen is offline Senior Member
    Day- 15 Didn't weigh today, I wanted to though! lol I ate breakfast as soon as possible and I refuse to weigh after I eat because it won't be accurate so I guess that's the trick.

I also stayed on plan after an extremely stressful, emotional weekend with a death of a close family member (it was expected after a long battle with cancer but still tough) Thank goodness for the wonderful person who brought the largest fruit tray I have ever seen, instead of desserts. It was like 4 inches deep in fruit and as big a large pizza. My teen went crazy then had a tummy ache later but at least it was healthier than a cake or pie or something.

I was tempted to eat something bad but I had lots of good food prepared so I just ate some of that, plus I was able to bring some awesome sausage/kale soup and some chicken soup to share with family on short notice because I had cooked lots of food in advance. Something told me to stock up and cook a bunch of food, it was like I was nesting or something. I really wanted to order pizza (my favorite stress food! but I told myself a nice warm bowl of soup would hit the spot and it did.)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    I haven't really noticed any results from the Whole30. I don't need to lose weight, but I was hoping for a reduction in joint pain and headaches. My energy level is marginally better - maybe. I'm a little disappointed because so many people report amazing results.

Like others have mentioned in this thread, I have a bit of an all-or-nothing thing going with food. Without strict unbreakable rules, my slippery slope is very slippery indeed. The Whole30 certainly helps me avoid bad foods, but I feel too deprived. I miss butter and cream. I MISS SUGAR, which is my big problem - how do I self-regulate when it comes to sugar? I would like to have some once in a while, but that has not worked well in the past. Setting rules for myself like "it has to be homemade" or "only on special occasions" don't end up working.

I need to re-read It Starts With Food.
    It might be that you aren't noticing an effect in your joints because you need longer than 30 days, or it could be that the sugar in fruit is causing your problem. I'm sorry your results weren't better than this, but every person is different. You may need just a bit longer to reverse the inflammation that is causing your joint pain. Are you taking any omega-3's or other anti-inflammatories? I take 3 cod liver oils daily and 2 tart cherry capsules for my inflammation. If I skip the cherry, I know it immediately upon getting out of bed in the morning. I know sugar is my culprit b/c it's the only offending substance I haven't completely eliminated from my diet yet (still having sugar by way of fruit on a nearly daily basis).

I am doing another Whole30 starting today that will devoid of fruit as well as every other sugar to see if it helps with the inflammation I still feel.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by Inksplat View Post
    So, today is my Day 1.

Yesterday, however, I got extremely annoyed at a couple things while out shopping.

First, every single thing of chicken/beef broth had added sugar. Also bacon.. I don't get it. What the hell? Why is that normal?

And second, unrelated, while at Babys R Us with my wife last night, I noticed that every baby formula had added sugar. Whyyyy.

On the bright side, I ate my first raw avocado today (well, more like a 1/4 of one, but still), and I was actually pretty surprised. I've never been a huge fan of guacamole, but apparently that is because of whatever generally get's added. Nice surprise, and made my breakfast super filling.
    I feel your pain. While I don't buy baby formula anymore, I've noticed that bacon has sugar. I got some bacon from a local farmer at the farmer's market assuming it would be better than the stuff in the stores... it's got sugar and MSG in it... The stuff I buy at the store doesn't even have MSG! *ugh* So annoying. Why can't someone just make something that doesn't have a bunch of stupid stuff in it??

Anyone doing the Whole30 for August? Anyone wanna start the thread? I didn't find one, so if one is already out there, can you link it here?

Thanks!

n0speed is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Anyone doing the Whole30 for August? Anyone wanna start the thread? I didn't find one, so if one is already out there, can you link it here?

Thanks!
    My plan is to do a Whole 30 for August, I have been drinking way to much beer and need a good clean out : )

islandwahine is offline Member
    Just got done with my sprints. It kicked my butt!! Going to add in some LHT workout later today.

Got on the scale this morning and I'm up 2lbs..most likely water weight. I'm going to weight myself at the end of my TOM and see if it changes.

I seen a whole30 for august thread earlier today...who's going to join?

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast