Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for July page 24

cavequeen is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I woke up less bloated today and down a lb of what I had gained.

Obviously that's probably water weight and I am lucky to have lost it with it being almost that time of the month. What's interesting is that after two days off nuts, and fruit, I went back to eating them. I had some macademian nuts, a little bit of blueberries and some sweet potato fries and less salty meats, chicken and fish instead of so much pork. Probably just less sodium but I will see keep an eye, my body might like just a little more carbs like in a small amount of nuts and fruits at least every few days or something.

Overall I am feeling good and I think I look good! Trimmer and more toned. Skin and hair glowing. I am down a little over 9 lbs in the last month. The first week or so of that I was dieting but not doing primal or whole 30 yet. I think most of my weight that has come off has been once I went off grains. Goal is still 15 lbs to get to "normal bmi" but 25 would probably be better that was a good weight for me the 2 years ago but I might be able to be a higher weight now since that wasn't doing primal.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I broke my W30 yesterday and wouldn't you know it, today I am down another pound to reach a total of 10 lbs lost this month. I took my measurements - down 8 inches this month too. Holy moly!!

I will be starting my next W30 on Monday. This weekend I'm going to enjoy some cream cheese pancakes and a few non-primal goodies, then get back on board. I really think W30/100% Paleo is the life for me. If I follow the 80/20 that's allowed in Primal, i end up doing more like a 50/50... There is no such thing as "moderation" for me. If you tell me I can have a piece of cake, I can guarantee I'll have 3, and then more later. I do better with strict rules and structure, I think. Maybe that's why I did 9 years in the Army and I'm STILL going to school. My mom said I've always been good with school and military b/c I was told what to do... W30 tells me what to do as well. Must be why it works for me.

Anyhow, I enjoy it and that's what matters.

I ordered my VFF's yesterday. They warp speeded them to the truck, but the truck is driving slowly b/c I won't get them til Wednesday next week. I'm anxious and want them NOW! *sigh*
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I have found two things interesting this morning. Just some random thoughts.

1. I have started eating more salads with meat for breakfast or hot soup. I just can't stomach eggs until later. I have started eating eggs for lunch or dinner. And I don't miss my protein smoothie or protein bars that much

2. I have started noticing women's weight more. For instance, my 8 year old son is doing a day summer camp right now. Most of the women are probably a bit younger as I am 43 and have teenagers as well. When I see the ones that look really young and fit, I want to ask them about their exercise routine and diet. Then, I think wait till they hit 40. Not very nice but I really started struggling with my weight when I reached 40.

The ones that are overweight, I want to help them as I used to be them. Funny how I don't see a lot in the middle ground. They seem to be very fit or definitely overweight. Or maybe those are just the ones I notice. I also thank my father for the fact that I am tall. I seem taller, slimmer even when I am not just because I am tall, 5 ft 8 inches with a small frame. I know from friends and family members how much harder they have to work at it when they are shorter.
    Last edited by cavequeen; 07-27-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I broke my W30 yesterday and wouldn't you know it, today I am down another pound to reach a total of 10 lbs lost this month. I took my measurements - down 8 inches this month too. Holy moly!!
    Good job! Your clothes must really be getting baggy now. Good problem to have. lol I have found after dieting strictly and then taking a day or two off, eating more calories or carbs can shake things up. I frequently lose a bit of weight when that happens.

I won't be done with my whole30 till Aug 15. I will see then if I want to take a day or two to maybe have a little cheese or greek yogurt, whipped cream chocolate mousse, maybe a protein smoothie. The only things I am missing are dairy. I am not really missing grains or sugar. I like doing whole30 though so I will definitely get back on it at some point. Winter seems to be a time when I gain weight as I get swamped at work and then very busy with family so I want to be a low weight going in. Of course, first winter on primal.

what I have noticed is how much different 200 lbs looks on one woman compared to 200 lbs on the next. I have a friend who weighs 175 but she is larger than I am (softer too) and was shocked to learn that I weighed over 200 lbs (at the time that we talked). I think it was because I was much more muscular than she is, and I think under all of her fluff, she'd be a small framed person whereas I'm a medium-large framed person. I used to be offended when people would tell me they weigh like 175 when it looks obvious that they weigh much more than that, but maybe I was just wrong and they just lack muscle mass. I have a LARGE muscle mass. My thighs are huge and always will be b/c they are muscular powerhouses. And when I told people I weighed 200 lbs they looked at me funny and asked me where I was putting it b/c they couldn't see 200 lbs on my body. I always thought they were just being nice, but since starting primal and W30, I've learned a lot about body composition and how it can be very deceiving to the eye.

That being said, I'm now below 190, so life is kickin' ass!

nopie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cavequeen View Post
    woo-hoo, nopie! Awesome, I can't wait till I can say the same.
    Thanks!

Day 33 today I think? Went to a place called Flat top grill in Michigan (drove down to go to whole foods and clothes shopping). It’s like the Mongolian grill style places I’ve been to- but a much better selection of fresh produce and I really loved how they listed all potential allergens (wheat, dairy, soy, sugar, etc etc) and you could get lettuce wraps, and you could request it cooked in its own wok- not on the big communal grill.

So I have a conundrum. I am going for AYCE sushi tonight. So I attempt to stay “good” and fill up on sashimi and salad, bring coconut aminos and try to do a *legit* w60?

Or do I go for it, eat rice and soy and wheat… and then start a new w30.

Take a break and enjoy your meal.

islandwahine is offline Member
    Wow! Everyone is getting awesome results!! We are on our final week!! I too will be sticking to w30 as it keeps in on track but I won't be too active on the forums as school will be starting for the kids on Monday and for myself in 2 weeks and my hubby finishing up his firefighting trainig...Life will be getting super busy around here.

This week was a great week even though I was PMS'ing. The kids and I made a new garden bed and planted watermelon. It was a whole lot of work but so much fun. We also cut up a 25 foot avocado tree that our "not so wonderful neighbor" cut and left on our side of the fence. The kids were super tired after that but they could not wait for dad to come home so they could show him how hard they worked!!

Now that my TOM is here I find myself not as active and my appetite very low. I'll have a big breakfast around 8am, a piece of fruit around 1pm and then a small dinner at 7pm...I'm just not thrilled about protein. I haven't been on the scale in a while because I know I'm retaining water but my body is changing.

I accidently had sugar today. I mean who puts sugar on pineapple! I thought I was eating safe at someone's house. Oh, well. I'm not going to let it get to me and just going to keep going. I'm not hung up on perfection, just doing the best I can.
    Last edited by cavequeen; 07-28-2012 at 07:33 AM.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Today is day 10. I am losing weight and feeling incredibly energetic. My TOM tiredness/crankiness only lasted 2 days rather than 5. Yesterday I cleaned my whole house plus several other chores. I could not believe how much I accomplished.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast