Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for July page 21

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I might do it again in August, Tash, but not right away. I want to enjoy some dairy products first. Like cream cheese. Miss my cream cheese pancakes. And white potatoes... miss my white potatoes.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Aw snap, I forgot about white potatoes. They don't bother me either. I feel like it's unfair to call it a Whole30 if I'm adding exceptions for my needs/tolerances, but that's the only way I'll stay on track in regards to ice cream and cookies!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

cavequeen is offline Senior Member
    I will still be whole30 for at least the first two weeks because I started mid month. I might also keep it up past 30 days.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Me too! My W30 runs until August 18th, but I don't plan on rushing to add stuff back in.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

CaveCanem is offline Member
    I am back! We went on vacation for three weeks. I gained a few pounds because I let myself relax about food and wine. Today is my birthday and tomorrow I start a whole 30. My daughter did the last one with me and I think my son will do this one.

nopie is offline Senior Member
    Day 30

I start again July 30th... the only "cheat" I'm planning in the meantime is real sushi.. with rice...

Last night I biked to my kids' soccer game. Feels great to get some more activity in.

I made these beef rolls from paleo comfort foods for dinner... would have turns out better but we bought a beef tenderizer to try to thin out the steak a/p the book, but we were just making a mess LOL. They tasted great, but they had a higher steak to filling ratio than I had in mind. The filling was onion, garlic, celery, asparagus and cabbage chopped up and sauteed down with lots of spices. The idea was to kinda make a steak jellyroll and bake it.

I'm so excited to have made it to day 30!

Great job, no pie ( it just has to put a space in!)

Day-10

I have decided to go even stricter no nuts or sunshine sauce made with sunflower seed butter. I may have been overindulging to see if I can get more results, I feel like I have been at a standstill the last couple of days. I know 8 lbs in a little less than a month is not a standstill especially since 5 of those lbs were during the last couple of weeks since I started paleo but I feel like I can lose more.

Going to just workout every other day because I feel like it is making me snacky. If I can give up my berries as well, I will. But just stopping all nuts maybe tough. So it's meats, eggs, veggies, mayo, guacamole, coconut oil, olive oil. At least the next couple of days, I will see if that moves things along.

Didn't get as much sleep last night and I am under stress as well, close family member in the last stages of cancer and is very ill.

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    I'm also trying for a Whole30 stretch for July though I started later than all of you.

Cavequeen: You're doing great. I think it's okay to continue to tweak and adjust as you learn what your body adapts to and what seems to be a stumbling block. And I also wanted to say, hugs to you. It is so very stressful when a family member is so ill. Remember to take care of yourself as you go through it. Stress can definitely inhibit weight loss as well as general well being. My thoughts are with you.

PrimalCon New York
    Thanks, avocado girl!

Yes, it's stressful this week and I will probably be not home as much so harder to control my food consumption but I am going to try as hard as I can.
    I feel working out every other day may help as well and give me more time to catch up around the house which I have let slack a bit the last few weeks for several reasons.

I think I will also sub herbal tea when I feel my nut urge coming on and see if that helps. I did that this morning and I felt fuller.

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast