Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for July

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by cavequeen View Post
    Ha, ha! I was thinking the same thing this morning. The reason I gained almost 30 lbs back was because I wasn't weighing because I knew that would force me to clean up my eating habits. So I equate weighing with losing weight and not weighing with getting fatter. I guess I still have some work to do on the mental part of eating better for life. I am still in a diet type of mentality which caused me to yo-yo in weight.

Yes, this exactly.

I get SO SO into these things. w30 is EASY because of how obsessive I become (like a dog with a bone) but when I fall off the wagon... I fall hard and I can't force myself to clean it up until I reach a certain point. It has to be all or nothing. So silly.

Quote Originally Posted by nopie View Post
    Yes, this exactly.

I get SO SO into these things. w30 is EASY because of how obsessive I become (like a dog with a bone) but when I fall off the wagon... I fall hard and I can't force myself to clean it up until I reach a certain point. It has to be all or nothing. So silly.
    I could have written this post! I have struggled with a perfectionist tendency for years. I improved a bit after listening and following the flylady website. It's still an issue though.

Great pebbles! Glad you joined us.

Go, me! I had family dinner avoided the wine, bread, corn, spinach with some kind of sour cream in it. But the kicker was my favorite banana pudding. I just had roasted chicken stuffed with shrimp, sausage, acorn squash and fruit with walnuts. I feel very proud of myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I started a Whole 30 on July 19th, so I am on Day 4. Feeling great so far. It is exciting to read about all the progress on this thread.
    Hi Paula! Welcome. Glad to see you over here! I think you'll be thrilled with the results.

I'm on day 21. Doing well, but starting to think of all the things I'm going to eat once I reach August 1. That tells me I'm still in the diet mentality. Once my W30 is done, I plan to reincorporate some forms of dairy (cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, butter and heavy cream), but I plan to follow the rules with everything else otherwise.

I would like to actually participate in the Whole9's official August Whole30 challenge, but after 2 months on the w30, I'm not sure what I want to do exactly. I'll continue to follow this W30 perfectly (as perfectly as I believe I have thus far) and go from there when the time is up.

Weighing: I weigh daily b/c I want to. Knowing how well I'm doing now doesn't discount the final results, so when Day 30 gets here and I get my final w30 weight, I'll be just as proud of it as I would have been had I waited. Can't wait to see what that final number is!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Just made spaghetti squash for the first time and loved it!!!Hubby and kids ate pasta and for the first time I wasn't wishing I was eating a bowl of pasta too.

I weigh myself every 2 or 3 days. It keeps me on track too.

Islandwahine,

I love spaghetti squash! I cook one and freeze serving sizes. It's a great. I have only had it with spaghetti sauce but I need to branch out a bit more.

Day 9- weight down .4 but since I was up the other day, stayed around the same. I feel like I am smaller though. I got to wear a white fitted shirt yesterday that is a size down from my closet so I have definitely lost some weight up top, in my shoulders and arms.

Hips being a bit stubborn but I have probably lost some there as well. I really need to invest in some measuring tape and start measuring. Here's to having a great day!

Cavequeen, I took my measurements at the end of June and cannot wait to take them again. Things have definitely shrunk!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Shop Now
    Anyone going to do a Whole30 for August? I think I will be, though I'll allow yogurt since I'm not looking to lose weight and it doesn't bother me. I just want to cut the crap.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies