Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for July page 19

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The closest TJs to me is 120 miles away. We don't have any WFs either. We don't have jack. Settled my craving with some watermelon.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

nopie is offline Senior Member
    Having a great weekend so far. Went to the farmer's market and didn't get a lot of produce (my fridge runneth over right now) but I got a huge bag of beef bones for like $3. I'm making beef stock as we speak. They are huge marrow bones so this will be such nutritious and awesome stock. Will help with my current soup obsession.

I used chicken stock to make egg drop soup for lunch. Went to my SO's parent's for dinner and had some salad and I am currently making another epic green curry.

4 days left... I don't plan on ending it then.. but it'll be an accomplishment to make it to day 31 for sure!

cavequeen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolasloran View Post
    I would like to join. What do I need to do? (beside the Whole 30) Also, is there a site or article you recommend where I can get the specifics? I have read up on it but beyond the basics, I might need a reference for daily use. Thanks!
    Or,did I miss it?
    I read the book It starts with food, also associated blog whole9. The most useful for me has been the cookbook Well fed and her blog Clothes that make the girl. I am new myself both those two resources are my favorites of what I have read so far. Welcome!

Day 8 - I definitely probably reached the kill /grumpy stage. Hard to tell because our a/c not working well so it was 87 in the house! That alone makes me grumpy. I need my cold air.

Woke up with a killer headache which got me up an hour early but i was down again in weight so that was a good pick me up. I worked out hard with an hour of intense yoga. So I ate a banana which I have not had in maybe a couple of years due to the higher carbs and had some spaghetti squash. Tonight my kids were eating my favorite ben and jerry ice cream that dad had bought them, which is also my teen's favorite. Turkeys! They earned the rare treat because they had been working hard outside this weekend. At least I had just had two eggs and chorizio so I was full.

islandwahine is offline Member
    I had an awesome "FUN IN THE SUN DAY"...Spent the morning at the beach, paddle boarding, swimming, getting in my vitamin D and most importantly spending quality time with my hubby and kids. We're just about to start the BBQ and enjoy another beautiful Maui sunset. Life is good and I'm so thankful that I'm on this journey!

Oops, I miscounted yesterday so today is really day 8 instead of yesterday. Eating a family member's house today. I think we are just having roasted chicken and a salad so hopefully I can stay on plan.

At this point deciding if I want to lay off exercise for a while, every time I work out, I feel more snacky the rest of the day so can't decide if it is counterproductive at this point or if the reduction in fat and addition of muscle is more helpful for weight loss. I really just need to lose weight because the lower the weight it seems the better my bp and I am still not any closer to getting off my meds. After I lose more weight, I can always step up my exercise and toning. Mmm

Any thoughts? I mostly do a vinyasa yoga but I am working at a pretty high rate at least for me as I am so out of shape. Sweating streaming down my face and working legs, arms quite hard. I already quit my tougher cardio, bootcamp sprint type stuff because I wasn't seeing a lot of weight reduction while I was doing it. When I quit that workout and got stricter with my diet is when the scale dropped 5 lbs.
    Last edited by cavequeen; 07-22-2012 at 07:06 AM.

Also anyone else struggling with giving up the scale? It's probably the one thing I haven't given up yet in the whole30 plan. Seeing the scale go down has been the most motivating probably because I haven't seen as much movement around my waistline, it always the last one to move, so getting into skinnier clothes hasn't really happened much yet.

nopie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cavequeen View Post
    Also anyone else struggling with giving up the scale? It's probably the one thing I haven't given up yet in the whole30 plan. Seeing the scale go down has been the most motivating probably because I haven't seen as much movement around my waistline, it always the last one to move, so getting into skinnier clothes hasn't really happened much yet.
    yes.

I did fairly well for the first half but I've weighed myself for the past two days.

The sad thing is I never weigh myself when I am eating poorly. I don't want bad news. LOL

(I have lost 15lbs so far though, so it's been motivating. I know I should have waited until the end to find out though)

Quote Originally Posted by nopie View Post
    yes.

I did fairly well for the first half but I've weighed myself for the past two days.

The sad thing is I never weigh myself when I am eating poorly. I don't want bad news. LOL

(I have lost 15lbs so far though, so it's been motivating. I know I should have waited until the end to find out though)
    Ha, ha! I was thinking the same thing this morning. The reason I gained almost 30 lbs back was because I wasn't weighing because I knew that would force me to clean up my eating habits. So I equate weighing with losing weight and not weighing with getting fatter. I guess I still have some work to do on the mental part of eating better for life. I am still in a diet type of mentality which caused me to yo-yo in weight.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I started a Whole 30 on July 19th, so I am on Day 4. Feeling great so far. It is exciting to read about all the progress on this thread.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast