Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for July page 18

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by cavequeen View Post
    Doing well with cooking and staying on plan. However, I feel like I am constantly cooking, planning meals to keep my family fed plus eat on plan myself. Not to mention a lot more dishes to wash. I guess as I get more used to eating this way it will become easier, and I have always cooked a lot anyway to keep my family of 5 fed.
    haha I was just thinking last night that I'm hand washing dishes at night now b/c they don't all fit into my dishwasher and I was a little annoyed... but it's worth it, so I happily washed the baking sheets and our favorite skillet by hand.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

wendyland is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cavequeen View Post
    Day 4- I am very bored stage, is there a stage like that? Of course I could clean but not in the mood. I've done that enough this week. I am currently off work but can't afford vacation at the moment.
    Yes! I felt very blah off and on for a week.

wendyland is offline Senior Member
    wow! I felt insane this week. Days 8-10 really took me by surprise. I was craving sugar so much worse than the first week. I made it through with the help of too much fruit. I did read the timeline post on the whole9 website. It talked about intense cravings around day 8. Today is day 12 & I'm feeling a lot better since yesterday. I'm excited to make it to day 31 so I can start figuring out what foods affect me. I'd like to be able to eat dairy, corn, and white rice here and there. I don't miss bread or pasta at all.

islandwahine is offline Member
    Keep up the good work everyone!!!

I'm doing so much better this time around. I had to change my mind set..I stopped stressing about exercising daily, I plan dinners every week so I am never worried about eating something my family ate that would be off limits and my two biggest changes are adding more fat with avocado's (I eat half an avocado at each meal our avocado tree is awesome!) and adding more carbs with fruit. (My mom brought us fresh pineapple so yummy) Having cherries on hand has been a blessing. Oh and not stressing when the weight didn't come off each week.

My progress...Last month I did Whole30 and stopped at 2 weeks and but the end of June I weighed 170lbs...today I weigh 160.2lbs..I am happy with my progress and I look forward to the next 10 days!! Have a wonderful weekend!!!

nopie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    haha I was just thinking last night that I'm hand washing dishes at night now b/c they don't all fit into my dishwasher and I was a little annoyed... but it's worth it, so I happily washed the baking sheets and our favorite skillet by hand.
    We have an unwritten rule in this house... whoever doesn't cook cleans up. Well I am a sloppy cook. I get EVERYTHING out. Use a different spoon for EVERYTHING, 15 pots whatever. And I'm cooking almost exclusively since my w30. My SO is pretty un-impressed LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by wendyland View Post
    wow! I felt insane this week. Days 8-10 really took me by surprise. I was craving sugar so much worse than the first week. I made it through with the help of too much fruit. I did read the timeline post on the whole9 website. It talked about intense cravings around day 8. Today is day 12 & I'm feeling a lot better since yesterday. I'm excited to make it to day 31 so I can start figuring out what foods affect me. I'd like to be able to eat dairy, corn, and white rice here and there. I don't miss bread or pasta at all.
    I had to starve the sugar dragon or whatever completely. No fruit. I made an exception for applesauce and banana when I was realllly sick. We made crab/avocado/mango salad last night and from 1/3 of a mango OMG THE CRAVINGS. I just can't deal with fruit. That's a reality I'll have to accept.
    Quote Originally Posted by islandwahine View Post
    Keep up the good work everyone!!!

I'm doing so much better this time around. I had to change my mind set..I stopped stressing about exercising daily, I plan dinners every week so I am never worried about eating something my family ate that would be off limits and my two biggest changes are adding more fat with avocado's (I eat half an avocado at each meal our avocado tree is awesome!) and adding more carbs with fruit. (My mom brought us fresh pineapple so yummy) Having cherries on hand has been a blessing. Oh and not stressing when the weight didn't come off each week.

My progress...Last month I did Whole30 and stopped at 2 weeks and but the end of June I weighed 170lbs...today I weigh 160.2lbs..I am happy with my progress and I look forward to the next 10 days!! Have a wonderful weekend!!!
    Amazing progress! I have been trying to stay away from the scale but I'd guess I've lost about 10 lbs. I have only 5 days left to go. I'm going to go for a w60. I have a lot to take off from a cheat "year" I took *sigh*. I'd rather keep the momentum going than try to decipher whatever it is I should be doing other than w30.

Tonight I made the most amazing green curry!

I went to the indian spice store and couldn't find any green curry paste without questionable ingredients so I did it from scratch. It was soooo good. Shrimp, yellow carrots, yellow beans, onion, green onion green chili paste, ginger, garlic, lemongrass and coconut milk. It was so creamy and delicious and spicy!

I got on my new bike today and biked for 4km around the block. I'd really like to try to bike more on the weekends to get some casual fitness in without all the emotional pressure and stress of a highly regimented routine.

islandwahine is offline Member
    Shrimp, yellow carrots, yellow beans, onion, green onion green chili paste, ginger, garlic, lemongrass and coconut milk. It was so creamy and delicious and spicy!
    Sounds amazing...my husband loves curry but I have never made it but I think I might just give it a try one of these days!!

I have only 5 days left to go. I'm going to go for a w60. I have a lot to take off from a cheat "year" I took *sigh*. I'd rather keep the momentum going than try to decipher whatever it is I should be doing other than w30.
    After my great grandma passed away in January I went on a 3 1/2 month eating binge...now that I'm back on track I feel the same way...just keeping the momentum going!!

cavequeen is offline Senior Member
    Nopie,

I have help washing up as well after dinner,some of the nights anyway especially when I am working. My teens take turns they don't really like it but I tell them it's a life skill. Plus if they didn't help buy the food or prepare it, that's how they can contribute. Still seems like a lot just emptying the dishwasher and doing my part though.

cavequeen is offline Senior Member
    Woo-hoo, I hit my first weight loss goal! My DH told me ,"wow, you are really losing weight. I can tell in your face." that's a good feeling. So far probably about 9-10 lbs down, I would like to lose at least 21 more lbs. Thirty lbs would probably be better but I will see once I get closer.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Today is my day 20 and I am really craving something sticky, sweet and chewy - like taffy or fruit snacks or something else equally dreadful. VERY tired too.

Started a new medication for my sinuses that include a steroid. Wonder if that steroid is the reason my cravings are nuts?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Today is my day 20 and I am really craving something sticky, sweet and chewy - like taffy or fruit snacks or something else equally dreadful. VERY tired too.

Started a new medication for my sinuses that include a steroid. Wonder if that steroid is the reason my cravings are nuts?
    DRIED MANGOs from trader joes!!!snacked on the all day during my 6 game soccer tournament. My teammates loved them. Sticky, chewy and sweet!!!!

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast