Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for July page 16

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Found the fullfat coconut milk for my morning coffee in whole foods. I used it for the first time this am, and got some bubbly guts and gassy (TMI) a few hrs later.... Ate usual things all day long so I wouldn't be that. Anyone else experience this when switching to a full fat version. Ivebeen using the light one from TJs for wks.

Also.... Anyone have a missing period after their whole30. I'm most definitely not preggo (husband is in Afghanistan for a yr)... I read a bit on the whole30 forum that if you change your body composition and drop certain foods, you may experience an odd TOM or skipped all together. I did t drop a ton of weight, I'm fairy small to begin w, but my body comp has changed. I've been hitting Crossfit and the guy pretty regularly and playing soccer. My body fat probably dropped, but I'm definitely not in a dangerous range. Any insight??

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    a girlfriend of mine who just started her whole30 also had a late period. She also had no sign it was coming and it totally took her by surprise when it arrived. maybe it's b/c this way of eating changes your body's hormone composition, and thus changes your reproductive hormones as well?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

spughy is offline Senior Member
    A sudden drop in body fat, even if it doesn't put you in technically an infertile range, could certainly delay or disrupt your cycle. I wouldn't worry about it - but I found when I was eating completely Primal/Paleo I didn''t have much warning before it hit.

I had a pregnancy-induced dietary fail today - took my daughter to the museum this morning and ended up being there longer than we anticipated and bought IMAX tickets for a few hours after lunch - I ate the salad portion of the kid's lunch special but it wasn't enough and I had to get something with protein and starch... made the best choice I could with the options at hand which was a chicken wrap. :-( I didn't eat most of the wrap, just sucked out the bits inside (it was actually really tasty chicken with lots of greenery and tomatoes and stuff) but I did still take several bites of the wrap part to settle my stomach and get into the damn thing. Then I ate TWO pieces of popcorn, OMG.

The nausea is totally kicking in now and I don't know if I call pull off the rest of the Whole30. I will make some sweet potato cookies tonight (I know, I know, it's making dessert out of approved foods - screw it, I'm pregnant) and hopefully they will fill my starchy cravings but if they don't work, then I'm gonna have to bail and wait until I'm out of the gross first trimester. I forgot how horrible this is - it's been seven years since I did it before.

Spughy, I will forgive you for bailing on the Whole30. It's understandable. You have to eat what you can stomach and if something you can stomach isn't technically approved, who cares? Take care of you and that baby.

Hit 30 lbs loss today. 8 lbs since the start of this whole30. Doing well. MUCH better this time around than last time. Day 18 today (for me). We're almost there!!! 11/12 days left!

cavequeen is offline Senior Member
    Spughy,

I think water is really the most important item when you are pregnant. I always had problems drinking enough. You are doing better than I did with my twin pregnancy. I was so sick to my stomach with gallbladder issues the last two weeks of my pregnancy I was hospitalized. I lived on 2 prenatal vitamins a day and then whatever food I could keep down, mostly starchs and cherry Popsicles of all things. My poor babies! They are big strapping teen boys now so I guess they weren't too
    malnourished. You are doing awesome! I would just listen to my body and if it is craving starchs then give it some maybe not cherry Popsicles though

Yeah jenn26point2,

Great job on the weight loss, 30 lbs is a lot weight plus you are almost to the 180's! I remember that being a big milestone when I lost a lot the first time. Keep up the awesome work.

nopie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cavequeen View Post
    Spughy,

I think water is really the most important item when you are pregnant. I always had problems drinking enough. You are doing better than I did with my twin pregnancy. I was so sick to my stomach with gallbladder issues the last two weeks of my pregnancy I was hospitalized. I lived on 2 prenatal vitamins a day and then whatever food I could keep down, mostly starchs and cherry Popsicles of all things. My poor babies! They are big strapping teen boys now so I guess they weren't too
    malnourished. You are doing awesome! I would just listen to my body and if it is craving starchs then give it some maybe not cherry Popsicles though
    Oh man, being pregnant with twins it was sooo hard to get/keep in enough food.

I was all about protien shakes lol.

I got a comment yesterday from someone at work, asking if I'd lost weight. That is HUGE!

6 days to go!

Day 5 - I was really snacky yesterday and I probably ate too many nuts. I did try to up my fat though and had more guacamole and shredded coconut and some spaghetti squash. I was a bit smug the first few days thinking "wow no cravings, piece of cake"and then came yesterday. Could it be because I am in the middle of my cycle? When I weighed this morning, I either was down half a lb or around the same, my scale seemed a bit wonky this morning.

My husband is not even trying and his stomach is looking flatter just from exercise and eating the paleo dinners I am cooking. If he really tried, he would blow my weight loss at of the water!

I am doing well with groceries. I still have a refrigerator full of veggies and meats. Pretty good considering I am feeding 5 people.

My husband just sent me an email that he's working on converting himself back over to Primal/Paleo and he'd like to try a whole30 but he's not ready yet. I said he needs to read ISWF before he tries the Whole30 b/c reading that book made my second W30 so much easier. He's really getting on board and I love it!

He wants me to get him a pill minder and set aside the vitamins he should be taking to eliminate his need for antidepressants like I have. I love that he's so interested in his health!

A girl at work told me I look "baggy" in the clothing department and I really should consider getting some smaller clothes. Of course, that takes money and that's one commodity we are lacking right now.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That's awesome, jenn26point2!

I would focus on buying a pair of pants that fit. Just plain black slacks are great because you can wear them a lot. You don't have to replace your whole wardrobe, consider it part of your diet plan. When you feel that you look good, easier to make good food choices. It's always been a proven strategy for me. Shirts aren't as crucial and you can always belt them in.

I hoping to get my DH on board as well. He has already made a lot of changes though. He started a pretty tough martial workout with my teens last fall and has cut way down in smoking and drinking. He eats whatever I cook, primal meals mostly and doesn't have a lot of dairy and only a little bit of grains. Come to think about it, he is already probably 80/20,

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast