Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for July page 15

cavequeen is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    don't be so hard on yourself about the weight going up over the years. 9 lbs is an easy fix and I have faith that you'll get there. Maybe not this Whole30, but likely the next - if there will be a next.

Speaking of housework... holy crap I have been on a roll! I cleaned my kitchen instead of napping on Saturday. Sunday evening, instead of playing around on Facebook til bedtime, I picked up the kids' toys and straighten up the kitchen - being sure to do all the dishes so the kitchen remains cleaned. Last night, after a 20-30 minute walk in 98 degrees of swelter, I swept and mopped and then steam mopped my kitchen floor. What has gotten into me??? I love the ambition! I love that Facebook has become boring to me (maybe that's not whole30 related, but maybe it is) and I'm now inclined to do actual WORK instead of loaf around like a fat tub of goo. lol

I'm gonna have to give Primal and Whole30 props for those changes!!
    Awesome job on the cleaning! I have more to lose than 9 lbs, lol, that's just what I gained since early december. I actually worked really hard a couple of years ago lost 50 lbs ( not with paleo/ primal) but didn't change my eating habits long term so gained some of the weight back so I still need to lose about 22 lbs to get where I was. I am really determined to stay there this time and I feel finally that's it's a lifestyle change and not a diet.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cavequeen View Post
    Awesome job on the cleaning! I have more to lose than 9 lbs, lol, that's just what I gained since early december. I actually worked really hard a couple of years ago lost 50 lbs ( not with paleo/ primal) but didn't change my eating habits long term so gained some of the weight back so I still need to lose about 22 lbs to get where I was. I am really determined to stay there this time and I feel finally that's it's a lifestyle change and not a diet.
    It definitely is a change in lifestyle. 22 lbs still isn't too bad. Since March 5th, I've been able to lose 29 lbs. Of course, I still have 41 or 51 to go (depending on where I want to end up)! It can be done. I may not be easy all the time, but you'll get there!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

nopie is offline Senior Member
    Down to the final week for me. I bought some.sashimi grade tuna and indulged in some w30 approved hand rolls
    Heres the thing... I couldnt find any W30 approved wasabi! Or even horseradish.for that matter
    Brutal.

I really hope I see some more weight/fat loss before I'm done.

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Nopie, if you have any Japanese grocery stores near you you might be able to find some fresh wasabi root... failing that check the ethnic shelves at Superstore - Dallas & Melissa don't live in Canada so they wouldn't have the same brands we have, I think all you're looking for is something that has just "grated wasabi root" or perhaps that plus vinegar in the ingredients.

Sadly the magical Whole30 cleaning fairy has not been to visit me. Jenn - can you tell me EXACTLY what you were eating that prompted a happy cleaning binge? I want some of that. Those binges happen far too rarely in my house!

I've had no problem sticking to the plan, though. I'm exhausted all the time thanks to my new parasite but I made it through another 2 day stint at the farm with only one "OMG I'm gonna barf" moment and that was when a cow got poopy with me. I had two naps yesterday and that helped, and there's a nice swimming hole on the property next door and that was lovely. But I am sooooo looking forward to NOT getting up at 6 am tomorrow morning to milk cows.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Day 9. Really easily annoyed and not doing so great with the whole "Don't eat that!" thing.

But hanging in there.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Day17... sinuses are really dragging me down. I just want to sleep today. Sinuses hurt, nose is stuffed up. *sigh*

weight is still 192. I know I'll hit 191 this week - the 30 lbs lost mark.

I need to buy new clothes, but sadly there's no money to buy them with.
    Grass-fed beef is expensive. and really, in comparison to grain fed, not as tasty (please don't throw things at me).

My new office mate drinks soda all day long - diet mt. dew... I was a dew fan, but not diet. But it's not the presence that bothers me... it's hearing his can when he places it on his desk. THAT SOUND makes me crave a Dew. Really?

I think I'll be glad when the month ends. I think I'll be glad to see this whole30 end. Even though part of me wants to keep doing it b/c it works.

Maybe I'm just having a down day right now and I need to take my supplements to boost my mood. Maybe it's b/c I'm tired and borderline sick that I'm so frumpy and unenthusiastic... unenthusiastic... that's the word. THAT is how I feel today.

Unenthusiastic.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by spughy View Post
    Sadly the magical Whole30 cleaning fairy has not been to visit me. Jenn - can you tell me EXACTLY what you were eating that prompted a happy cleaning binge? I want some of that. Those binges happen far too rarely in my house!

I've had no problem sticking to the plan, though. I'm exhausted all the time thanks to my new parasite but I made it through another 2 day stint at the farm with only one "OMG I'm gonna barf" moment and that was when a cow got poopy with me. I had two naps yesterday and that helped, and there's a nice swimming hole on the property next door and that was lovely. But I am sooooo looking forward to NOT getting up at 6 am tomorrow morning to milk cows.
    Ha! The cleaning fairy doesn't like to visit my house either especially cleaning up after 4 messy males. Up at 6 am because I had to use the bathroom, grrr but at least no milking cows. Just a barking dog that one of my kids left out all night, I am sure the neighbors loved us.
    Last edited by cavequeen; 07-18-2012 at 08:14 AM.

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Dear Dallas & Melissa,

You know that part in the book where you say that you have to eat a large, protein-filled breakfast, preferably with vegetables? This is NOT good advice for pregnant ladies. Just sayin'.

Bleeerrrrggghhhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by spughy View Post
    Dear Dallas & Melissa,

You know that part in the book where you say that you have to eat a large, protein-filled breakfast, preferably with vegetables? This is NOT good advice for pregnant ladies. Just sayin'.

Bleeerrrrggghhhhh.
    The smell of bacon cooking used to make me sick every morning each time I was pregnant.

Day 4- I am very bored stage, is there a stage like that? Of course I could clean but not in the mood. I've done that enough this week. I am currently off work but can't afford vacation at the moment.

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast