Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for July page 14

nopie is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by cavequeen View Post
    My question as well. I really can't afford coconut aminos. I am already feeding family of 5 though I am the only one, strict paleo. How about that gluten free tamari sauce I see in the stores? I know probably not strict whole 30 but I am staying strict on everything else.
    I love coconut aminos. It has a shelf life of forever so I'm going to buy a big jug to help with the cost. I use it in a lot of cooking plus with hand rolls etc.

I like wheat free tamari, but yeah, soy. Depends on if you want soy or not. I find coconut amnios a bit sweeter and tamari has a unique taste too.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Mark says that soy is ok as long as it's fermented, so tamari and soy sauce are ok (as long as the soy sauce is wheat free, and usually it's not).
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

nopie is offline Senior Member
    yeah, I'm generaly ok with wheat free organic non GMO tamari, but for W30, I am doing the program as written so no soy. And I'll reintroduce using the guidelines in ISWF to see how/if it causes issues.

I have a lot of hormonal issues as it is (hormonal moods, acne, etc etc) so I'm tempted to stay away from Soy as much as possible LOL.

I haven't used any because I can't find tamari at my grocery and all the soy I find is infected with wheat...

I haven't read that chapter yet b/c I haven't finished the book. lol I started reading it on my Kindle, got to chapter 16 and then my hardcopy showed up, so I started from the beginning again.

My psychiatrist was impressed today. I've lost 23 lbs since my last appointment with her and stopped taking my antidepressants. We discussed at length how I am feeling in comparison to how I felt on the medication and she agreed that discontinuing the medication was not a bad idea. She discharged me today after 9 years of medicating for mood. Today is a happy happy day!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    We discussed at length how I am feeling in comparison to how I felt on the medication and she agreed that discontinuing the medication was not a bad idea. She discharged me today after 9 years of medicating for mood. Today is a happy happy day!
    That's awesome news! And glad to see you totally did that the right way too. It scares the crap out of me when people say "I feel fine now. I'm just going to stop taking my meds and seeing my psychiatrist..." Argh!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Jenn! Whoa! Discharged after 9 years. Congrats. That's a hugeeee accomishment. Aside from the weight loss, you should be so proud of yourself!

I'm definitely going to scope out the coconut aminos situation tmrw when I go food shopping. Interested to see how it compares to soy sauce!

Well, folks, I'm done with the first 15 days of my Whole30. I'm down 7 lbs. I wonder what the last 15 days will bring!

cavequeen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I haven't used any because I can't find tamari at my grocery and all the soy I find is infected with wheat...

I haven't read that chapter yet b/c I haven't finished the book. lol I started reading it on my Kindle, got to chapter 16 and then my hardcopy showed up, so I started from the beginning again.

My psychiatrist was impressed today. I've lost 23 lbs since my last appointment with her and stopped taking my antidepressants. We discussed at length how I am feeling in comparison to how I felt on the medication and she agreed that discontinuing the medication was not a bad idea. She discharged me today after 9 years of medicating for mood. Today is a happy happy day!
    Such great news!

cavequeen is offline Senior Member
    Scale went down again and bp is the best it has been in a while 118/81 which is good for me (my bottom number is always in the mids to late 80's sometimes 90 even on bp med) I had more energy today, I did some yoga this morning and I feel like doing some cleaning around the house which in the heat with our a/c not working that well I haven't felt the urge.

I trying to listen to my body and I have felt tired with a bit of headache lately so I haven't done any sprints or cardio and the weight started moving again. My main goal is to lose weight so I can get rid of my bp meds, my doctor said I could once it gets low enough, to just monitor like I normally do. I feel a bit guilty like I should be doing more workouts but I feel it might be counterproductive at this point. The yoga seems to be toning everywhere anyway.

Maybe eating more fat, less carbs, and less exercise helped to scale move. I would really love to lose another 9 lbs over the next 6 weeks that's where I was last year at this time so I would feel like I was back on track and not mad at myself for gaining back some of my weight like I have felt lately.

don't be so hard on yourself about the weight going up over the years. 9 lbs is an easy fix and I have faith that you'll get there. Maybe not this Whole30, but likely the next - if there will be a next.

Speaking of housework... holy crap I have been on a roll! I cleaned my kitchen instead of napping on Saturday. Sunday evening, instead of playing around on Facebook til bedtime, I picked up the kids' toys and straighten up the kitchen - being sure to do all the dishes so the kitchen remains cleaned. Last night, after a 20-30 minute walk in 98 degrees of swelter, I swept and mopped and then steam mopped my kitchen floor. What has gotten into me??? I love the ambition! I love that Facebook has become boring to me (maybe that's not whole30 related, but maybe it is) and I'm now inclined to do actual WORK instead of loaf around like a fat tub of goo. lol

I'm gonna have to give Primal and Whole30 props for those changes!!

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast