Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for July page 13

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Starting Day 7 for me.

Yesterday was rough. My son had his college orientation, and it was an all day thing. I was there with him, my boyfriend and my ex-husband, and we all get along great, but I'm the only one that eats "weird". They had a buffet lunch and I hadn't thought to bring anything, so I figured I'd be screwed. I probably ended up with some oils that weren't exactly on plan, but they did have chicken breasts, squash and a salad, so I made do.

Pretty good considering the stress levels. College is a bit emotional for me anyway because I dropped out of Cal State Long Beach years ago when I was attending full time, working full time (to pay for it myself) then found out my dad had a terminal illness. Add to it that my son (lives with his dad but will be moving in with me in a couple of weeks) is a long distance runner and had completely dehydrated himself so badly the day before that I was debating taking him to the hospital instead of the mandatory orientation. Who runs long distances during monsoon season when you have an important all day event the next day???

Yeah, no stress. But at least I ate right...
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

cavequeen is offline Senior Member
    Starting my 1st Whole 30 today. I was already doing it the last couple of days and lost 2.4 lbs, I think I was just stalled but yesterday I had an important family event and ate a little off plan so I count today as the first day. I just replaced coconut milk for my cream, didn't buy any cheese and didn't replace my Greek yogurt. Not too hard. So far sugar hasn't been as tough as I thought, I am just drinking my 1 cup of coffee and occasional tea without it. All nut butters are out so I didn't replace though I do have a few nuts and berries but that's it. If I quit losing I will drop the berries and nuts as well.

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    its different when you are an adult moving back in with a parent(s) than a teenager or young adult who is still living at parents home...

nopie is offline Senior Member
    9 DAYS LEFT!

I`m feeling great

How`s everyone else doing?

Any thoughts on what the day 31 eating plan will be?

I am having a fierce craving for sushi. I am going to make paleo hand rolls with coconut aminos to dip tomorrow night but I think day 31 will involve some white rice with my sushi.

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HopelessDreamer View Post
    its different when you are an adult moving back in with a parent(s) than a teenager or young adult who is still living at parents home...
    Totally agree. I was 24 when I moved to Seattle w my husband a few years back (the army moves us often), we then Moved to Georgia for 6 months and we set to move again. He got deployment orders, so instead of me moving alone, I came back to NY for the year and moved back in w my parents. What an adjustment!? My dad thinks my eating is hilarious and says everything is paleo joking around. My mom on the other hand thinks I'm nuts and says I'm making myself sick and my body needs grains. Okkkkk.

My husband is on the paleo bandwagon, so the last few yrs haven't been an issue. Now that I'm back home, I face a slew of other problems! So yes! I hear you!

Day 2 shouldn't have weighed! I am up a pound but since I was down 2.4 on sat, I am just going to considerate it water weight or muscle. the good news is that my curvy size 12's are getting loose and my slimmer size 12 pants I can button with a bit of muffin top. Lol I haven't lost a lot around my hips and lower tummy yet which I really need to lose to get into pants. (I already have a bit of loose skin there from a twin belly so any fat just adds to the problem, compounded by slim legs from yoga so hard to fit waist and legs) good news is I am less square and have a definite hourglass working my upper waist much slimmer.

Blood pressure much better since time of month hormones have stabilized and skin feeling super soft, no bumps on back of arms, heels softer and rosaca better. Excited to make recipes from my well fed cookbook, got my bone broth cooking now.

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nopie View Post
    9 DAYS LEFT!

I`m feeling great

How`s everyone else doing?

Any thoughts on what the day 31 eating plan will be?

I am having a fierce craving for sushi. I am going to make paleo hand rolls with coconut aminos to dip tomorrow night but I think day 31 will involve some white rice with my sushi.
    So I ended my whole30 technically about 45 days in. I struggled w adding things back in bc I wasn't craving anything! Just sushi! I did letmyself have a few spoonfuls of frozen yogurt, so that's where I ended my whole30. But go early, I jumped back on. Last night though, I had sushi. I had a tuna roll w no rice, wrapped in cukumber, no soy sauce. And I had a NY roll. Salmon and apple w rice. I only had 4 pieces bc I felt guilty and i was t totally feeling it

I wrote to Dallas and Melissa on their fb page about reintegration. Towards the end of the book they have a nice plan for adding things back in.

How do you like the coconut aminos compared to soy sauce!?

Question: where has everyone slimmed down first?

I seem to be slimmer in upper arms (thank you daily yoga) and upper waist, around rib cage. I don't seem to have much flab except under arm pits, upper inner thighs and of course that stubborn lower tummy. Though i haven't lost a ton of weight, I look more muscular and have more of an hourglass figure then I remember having even at a lower weight. I haven't done a lot of exercise lately since going stricter, just a bit of yoga,so I am going to try to get on a better schedule there this week.

Still pretty fatigued though probably my bp meds, can't quite get rid of them yet. Also have a bit of a headache every morning. I am waking up earlier though but did have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom which I haven't done in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by TLoRu View Post
    So I ended my whole30 technically about 45 days in. I struggled w adding things back in bc I wasn't craving anything! Just sushi! I did letmyself have a few spoonfuls of frozen yogurt, so that's where I ended my whole30. But go early, I jumped back on. Last night though, I had sushi. I had a tuna roll w no rice, wrapped in cukumber, no soy sauce. And I had a NY roll. Salmon and apple w rice. I only had 4 pieces bc I felt guilty and i was t totally feeling it

I wrote to Dallas and Melissa on their fb page about reintegration. Towards the end of the book they have a nice plan for adding things back in.

How do you like the coconut aminos compared to soy sauce!?
    My question as well. I really can't afford coconut aminos. I am already feeding family of 5 though I am the only one, strict paleo. How about that gluten free tamari sauce I see in the stores? I know probably not strict whole 30 but I am staying strict on everything else.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Day 15 for me. Half way through. Weight is 192. Total loss of 7 lbs so far. Very happy with the results.

Doing well. Started cutting my fruit consumption. I think it was slowing my results. I did however eat 20 grapes today. Plan was to eat 10 after breakfast and 10 after lunch b/c I always feel like I need just a little bit more after my meal. But, I ate them all at breakfast b/c I wasn't being mindful. Guess lunch will come with some mind hunger to fight off...

Re-reading It Starts with Food. I got my hardcopy the other day and started reading it again with a highlighter. I stopped reading my kindle version once the hardcopy appeared.

Seeing an ENT on Friday after donating blood to see why my sinuses are all jacked up. Hopefully it's nothing major and he can just prescribe a super killer med to finally take care of it. I'd rather not do surgery (if it's warranted), but if it's something meds won't be able to take care of (like polyps or scar tissue), then I'll agree to do the surgery. I'm so tired of this. I've had this same issue since Mother's Day!!

Other than that, I'm doing well.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast