Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for July page 12

Annika is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    A challenge coming up tonight - I'm going out to dinner with friend to a Brazilian BBQ place. Obviously there will be tons of meat, which is easy. Their side dishes aren't that great anyway so that won't be much of an issue. But! The place is also a bar, it's a festive celebration dinner, and I had the yummiest mango-tini last time I was there. I will be feeling a bit sorry for myself.

It's interesting - alcohol has been one of the things I am missing most! I usually have a drink only once a week or so, so I'm surprised that this is an issue.

Overall, things have been so much easier this time than they were during my last Whole30. Last time I felt deprived and resentful, and binged on nuts frequently.
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

islandwahine is offline Member
    Last night I went to my dental program orientation and everyone brought a dish to share. I made baked chicken and it was wonderful. No one brought a vegetable or salad dish. We had 3 tables full of pasta, pizza, sushi, other chicken dishes as well as lots of sweets. I made myself a plate of baked chicken and 2 slices of sushi..came home made me a BIG salad and more baked chicken. Looks like i'm going to be bringing both a salad and some meat to the rest of our get together's.

Annika- I gave up alcohol on January 1st and since then I haven't had a sip but I do crave it once in a while.

Heading to my hometown for the weekend..lots of family dinners ahead of me but I'm bring my own food and my hubby will be keeping me in check. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    **sneaks into the Whole 30 forum to wave pom poms**

You're all doing great!!!

**sneaks away, all ninja-stealth in wannabe Vibrams**

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Annika, a mango-tini sounds FABULOUS and I would have a hard time passing one up - and I'm pregnant AND Whole30ing. (Mind you I never paid much heed to the "no drinking while pregnant" thing, but my taste for alcohol pretty much goes away anyway. But a mango-tini sounds good no matter what.)

Spent the day driving around the southern part of the island on logging roads looking for blueberries. No junk food was consumed. Lots of blueberries were, but after a few handfuls my tummy said "nope, no more of those" so I watched my sister (who is also Whole30ing) gobble them all up. There are not that many ripe at the moment, it was just a scouting expedition. I brought along some hardboiled eggs, snap peas, domestic blueberries and turnip sticks and picked up a stick of (good, nothing added) bison sausage along the way. I didn't even eat all of it. My appetite is totally gone. I've got chicken wings in the oven now and I'll make a salad to go along with them and then I am going to sleep. A lot. If I can - there's a big thunderstorm building here...

Annika is offline Senior Member
    Actually, it was a mango-rita (margarita) - my mistake! It turned out that drinking was not a big part of the dinner so that was easier than I expected, but I bet some of the meat was not Whole30 compatible. I took one bite of pork which had a very sweet sauce on it. I was with people I didn't know well, so I didn't feel I could spit it out! I asked about a veggie side dish on the salad bar and was told it had a margarine-butter blend on it (ew!) so I skipped that and stuck to undressed salad and lots of meat. At this Brazilian BBQ place, the staff keep bringing skewers of small chunks of various meats to the table. There were several servers and I felt self-conscious about repeatedly questioning them about ingredients, so I bet I had some forbidden foods slipped in there - sugar (for sure, in that one bite of pork), butter, or seed oils. Oh well - I'm not going to restart my Whole30 over it. Take it on the chin and forge ahead!
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

wendyland is offline Senior Member
    Today is day 6 for me. I feel like I'm coming down with something. My daughter had a fever yesterday. I don't have time to be sick right now. We were supposed to go to an amusement park today without kids for our anniversary. I'm not really feeling up to it.

I had a little bit of a margarita yesterday in celebration of my anniversary. I didn't drink much of it. I started to immediately feel the alcohol & I was driving. So, I gave it to my friend. I also had a few fries. On a better note, I had a bison burger for lunch. It was so good.

I'm also happy that I didn't have carb flu this week. woo hoo. Probably because I kept my carbs right around a hundred all week with more fruit than I normally eat. I'm going to try to get down to 75 carbs a day this week.

catdance62 is offline Senior Member
    Alright, I've been doing it since Monday. Honestly, it isn't that much of a jump for me--I just switched to coconut milk in my coffee and quit making yogurt. I ate goat cheese (that I made) about twice a week and I ate rice maybe once a week before, so stopped all that.
    HOwever, last week I had my cholesterol checked (everything good), so after this 30 days, I will have it checked again to compare numbers. I guess I am experimenting on myself.

So.... I just finished reading a section of the book that I skipped, and discovered that smoothies are NOT a good breakfast. Even though I pack mine with kale, it's true there's not a lot of protein in there. Weirdly, I'm not usually hungry throughout the morning and generally don't eat again until lunch, but I'll give proper breakfasts a go for a while and see how that works. So breakfast tomorrow will be a big whack of kale sauteed with bacon and leftover onions and mushrooms from dinner tonight (which was delicious - lamb burger topped with tomato, lettuce and fried onions, and sweet potato wedges), probably with a few eggs poached on top. Then I will try to stuff in another sardine salad with sauerkraut (which I like partly just because of the alliteration). Then it's off to the farm to see if I am still able to handle the work with my additional load of first-tri fatigue...

nopie is offline Senior Member
    day 20 complete. I've been sick as a dog for 2 days
    Managing only plain applesauce, banana and coconut milk
    Last night I also had chicken broth with egg and green onion and then today... finally i was feeling better
    And not a moment too soon... we drove to an amusement park and went on Canadas's biggest rollercoaster 8 times. Annnnnd wait for it... I net Dallas and Melissa Hartwig! I was super star struck. I didnt have time to stay for their QA but i got a few copies of ISWF signed. Managed to.stay compliant.today by packing food in a cooler... easier on the wallet anyways. Ten days left. Lets.hope.there is still some more magic to come!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    There must be something magical about a dietary program that lets you recover so quickly you can go on rollercoasters!!!!

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast