Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for July page 10

nopie is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    And so ends day 15 for me! I'm halfway there. I haven't had any desire to cheat yet shockingly
    That said I have spared no expense on approved foods so k have a lot of appealing variety and so much is in season at the farmers market. We are going on a day trip to Canada's wonderland this weekend (after I go to the book signing for ISWF. That will be my challange but meeting Dallas and Melissa in the flesh should help me resist funnel cake right??

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Spughy, sounds like you had a laborious few days! Cool that you get to work on the farm, what do you typically do? Sausage always gives me issues for some reason, I'm sure it's the "fillers" and stuff. I just figured it out last wk, so I'm avoiding at all costs from now on.

Had a beautiful day on the beach today. Snacked a bit too much, but it's hard to resist fruit and nuts when at the ocean! Had some delicious ribs for dinner, can't complain. Wanted some dessert so I had a few frozen banana slices w cinnamon. Delishhh. Funny how something that simple and non "desserty" to some satisfies me now!

Deadnskinny is offline Junior Member
    Ok, I'm going to just quietly spy on your thread here ... I'm going to do some research on Whole30. I kind of think I'm already doing it, actually. I've been gravitating toward the whole Primal Blueprint concept the last couple years anyway, but am also struggling with disordered eating (doesn't that sound properly sober?) so I'm working around that too. My problem is that I can be too strict with myself (and yet, still fat) so I don't think I want to jump into Whole30 quite yet.

Hope you don't mind if I live through you guys though!
    Suffer well.

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TLoRu View Post
    Spughy, sounds like you had a laborious few days! Cool that you get to work on the farm, what do you typically do? Sausage always gives me issues for some reason, I'm sure it's the "fillers" and stuff. I just figured it out last wk, so I'm avoiding at all costs from now on.
    I milk cows and make cheese. Milking can be easy or not - depends on the whims of the cows. Some days it's routine - cow comes in, milking happens, cow goes out, another cow comes in, milking happens, cow goes out, etc. Some days it's more like cow comes in, milking happens, cow decides not to leave, other cow wants to come in anyway, I have to push other cow out again (shockingly, yes, a 5' tall woman CAN push a 1200 lb cow backwards), first cow gets annoyed and decides to poop, I have to grab a (big) bucket and push cow out while trying to catch poop, failure ensues, I have to clean out milking room, next cow comes in, milking happens, etc. Today was one of the latter days. Then there's the managing cans of milk (9 or 10 gallons in 2 big stainless steel cans), the endless sanitizing, filtering milk into jars, feeding baby cows, etc. And making cheese is a whole lot of standing around stirring pots. I like the work though. I like the cows even though they can get (quite literallly) pissy at times and I like making cheese. I like the adorable cluelessness of the baby cows and the peace and unhurried pace of the farm. I like the fact that I CAN work a 15-hour day and still get up at 6 the next morning and be ready to do it again.

I wish I could live on a farm full-time. I don't think that will happen for a long time though, if ever. And I sure could have used some beach today! I know what you mean about non-desserty things - I had some frozen berries and it totally did the trick.

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Very cool spughy. Sounds like you get a kick ass workout in there as well. Pushing a 1200lb pissed off cow can be brutal I imagine! Making cheese sounds pretty interesting too. Its probably so peaceful being around the cows and calves and the slower pace. I try to get that from bikram yoga but obviously it doesnt compare!!! Sounds like you get to do some cool stuff that you enjoy! So neat!

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Ok so I found out this morning that my fatigue has an entirely different source - got a "bun in the oven" apparently! VERY happy about this, and I have no intention of stopping the Whole30 - but I'm going to be less than optimistic about the "boundless energy" that's supposed to come my way by the end of next week. Maybe I'll do a WholePregnancy? We'll see what happens when the nausea hits - if sweet potatoes and bell peppers don't cut it, I might have to add rice crackers.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    OH YAY! Congratulations!!! Such great news!

My whole30 is going swimmingly well. On Day10 with my last W30, I caved and ate sugar and wheat and had more sugar and more wheat. I binged for the afternoon hoping it would make me feel sick and I could move on. I felt icky, but not really sick. Just sluggish and heavy. That happened at a birthday party. No b-day party today, so I think I'm in luck!!

Down another lb bringing my W30 weight loss to 5 lbs and my overall weight loss to 27 lbs. I'm loving this lifestyle!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

collegeprimalgirl is offline Junior Member
    Okay so I was just going to lurk and draw inspiration from everyone else's whole30.
    But I wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS Spughy!!!! That is awesome news.
    My whole30 is going well I'm on day 3 of whole30/insanity.

rachbebe is offline Junior Member

Just Started A Little Late

Hey Everyone,

So Jenn finally convinced me to start my own Whole 30. Today is my first day and it's been good. I've had about 5oz of Chicken in Frank's Hot Sauce (chilis and water only so I figure it must be okay) a half cup of frozen strawberries, a cup of carrots and a half cup of cucumber was my lunch. I had a breakfast omelet (without the cheese, but with mushrooms, ham, onion, and tomato) and put salsa on top of that. I must admit, I asked Jenn if salsa was okay and she laughed at me. To make sure I know what's appropriate and what's not she sent me the shopping list. The hardest part of this for me is giving up cheese. I really think being Whole 30 will get me back on track from falling to a 60/40 Primal diet. I think doing the Whole 30 and then letting goat cheese back in will really help me to be more Primal. I'm hoping by doing this I'll be able to lose the 5-10lbs I gained thanks to my bipolar meds. My goal is to eventually be off the meds, going Primal has really helped with my mood and hopefully the whole 30 will kill my need for medications all together. So far so good

*huggles*
    Rachel

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    hahah Rachel, you crack me up! Welcome.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast