Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Have not lost any weight in the last 30 days and I weight is 478 pds page 3

  1. #21
    markham's Avatar
    markham is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    Sounds like you are basically doing atkins(not the worst thing).

    Eating vegetables would help.
    Eating higher quality meat would help.
    Nuts are one of the very few things that stop my fatloss cold, if not make me fatter.
    Need to get more vegetables in my diet. I do eat them but I'm sure I should eat more of them. As the Artkins I don't think that I'm eating any way like that. I use no sugars or flour or grain no Milk or cheeses

  2. #22
    Gadsie's Avatar
    Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by markham View Post
    I'm weighing the nuts and it is 90 grams which is 600 calories

    the hot dogs are 170 cal
    14 g total fat
    2g carb
    8g protein
    no sugar in these at all. just found these at Costco and the only ones i have seen so far with no sugars.
    It's not just about sugar. If there is ANYTHING else than meat in prepacked hotdogs it's most likely crap.
    You shouldn't focus on what you SHOULDN't eat but more on what you SHOULD eat.
    Eat:
    Meat
    Veggies
    Eggs
    Fruit
    Saturated fats

    Nothing else.
    You could eat nuts and dairy but if you only eat 1900 calories a day I think you must be starving eating nuts and dairy since they bring so little satisfaction
    Billie trips balls

  3. #23
    markham's Avatar
    markham is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    It's not just about sugar. If there is ANYTHING else than meat in prepacked hotdogs it's most likely crap.
    You shouldn't focus on what you SHOULDN't eat but more on what you SHOULD eat.
    Eat:
    Meat
    Veggies
    Eggs
    Fruit
    Saturated fats

    Nothing else.
    You could eat nuts and dairy but if you only eat 1900 calories a day I think you must be starving eating nuts and dairy since they bring so little satisfaction
    Ok this was the 1st time I had a hot dog which was just this past week. I will tell you that i made a big mistake i look again at the ingredients and it had dextrose which for some reason i never seen this. no more hot dogs. I always was told that nuts where ok but if not i will stop eating them as well. I also try to eat Pork as well.

  4. #24
    Gadsie's Avatar
    Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by markham View Post
    Ok this was the 1st time I had a hot dog which was just this past week. I will tell you that i made a big mistake i look again at the ingredients and it had dextrose which for some reason i never seen this. no more hot dogs. I always was told that nuts where ok but if not i will stop eating them as well. I also try to eat Pork as well.
    I'm not saying you should stop earing nuts. It's just that if I were to eat nuts on 1900 calories a day I would feel starved. Maybe you don't
    Billie trips balls

  5. #25
    markham's Avatar
    markham is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15
    I'm sorry I did not read it right the first time. you know when I eat them it is usually in the night after like 7 or 8 pm. I'm thinking that this is better to eat this late but i may be wrong on that one. I'm trying to get some more calories within me at that time if I have not reach close to my daily calories.

  6. #26
    teach2183's Avatar
    teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    1,057
    If you stay well under your maintenance level of calories for too long, your body will think you are starving and likely hold onto at. Mark gives calculations ins the book. Eat until satisfaction and be sure you are truly hungry when eating.

    It is very possible that your body is healing other things as well. I lost 12lbs from Jan-mid May, then stalled for 6 weeks. Changing nothing I lost another pound this week. I believe my body was focusing on other things, and that's okay. I have ~40lbs more to lost and would like it to go faster, but at least this way I know it'll stay off.

  7. #27
    markham's Avatar
    markham is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    If you stay well under your maintenance level of calories for too long, your body will think you are starving and likely hold onto at. Mark gives calculations ins the book. Eat until satisfaction and be sure you are truly hungry when eating.

    It is very possible that your body is healing other things as well. I lost 12lbs from Jan-mid May, then stalled for 6 weeks. Changing nothing I lost another pound this week. I believe my body was focusing on other things, and that's okay. I have ~40lbs more to lost and would like it to go faster, but at least this way I know it'll stay off.
    Well you make a very good point. This is why I think that I should fast one day a week to just change thinks up.

  8. #28
    palebluedots's Avatar
    palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    340
    you could try fasting and see how it goes. I gave that a go when I was a vegan, and I have to say that it never worked out terribly well for me. I'd just end up eating a ton more once I stopped the fast and any benefits from the fasting would be quickly negated. That said, I've not tried fasting while eating primal, so I say give it a go and see how it feels!

  9. #29
    markham's Avatar
    markham is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15
    Just I quick update. When I weigh in on this past Tuesday July 3 I was at 469 that puts be in at a 40 pd lost since May 1st.

  10. #30
    jammies's Avatar
    jammies is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,522
    Quote Originally Posted by markham View Post
    Just I quick update. When I weigh in on this past Tuesday July 3 I was at 469 that puts be in at a 40 pd lost since May 1st.
    Great work! Glad things started moving the right direction for you again
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

    http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •