Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have not lost any weight in the last 30 days and I weight is 478 pds page 2

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    snapple has a whole lot of sugar in it.. that could be holding you back. You could try switching to an unsweetened tea and see if it makes a difference?

markham is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palebluedots View Post
    I've been eating this way for a little over a month and had significant weight loss the first four weeks. The scale has stalled a bit in the last week, but the interesting thing is that I still feel great, and my clothes are continuing to get looser and I can feel my body changing shape. Since you say you are adhering to this diet 100%, I think you just have to see it through, and like others have said, one day you will step on the scale and it will probably reflect that more pounds are gone. I know a lot of people say you just shouldn't step on the scale, but I know that I need to do it each day. It just is a subtle reminder to keep doing what I'm doing. One thing you might consider is getting something like a Withings Scale... I've had one for several years and they're fabulous. It connects to your wireless network in your house and uploads your weight. So then if you want, you could just step on the scale however often you like, but not look at the readout, and then when you're ready you can go on your computer and see how your progress is going. I know others here will tell you to get rid of your scale altogether, but I also know that's not something i'll ever be willing to do, so this could be another option for you?
    Well I think this scale will be very nice (wifi) i did look it up on the web and the weight limit is like 396 pds. I don't have any real issues that my weight has not gone down that fast and this is not discouraging me to stay on track. This is better then gaining.

No the snapple that I drink do not have any sugar in it this is sugar free they use aspartame in it instead.

oh, ok... I am not sure how aspartame affects weight loss. I had to stop drinking beverages containing that several years ago so that I could get rid of the migraine headaches (and it actually worked, no migraines since!).

I also wanted to tell you, great job! I know how hard it is to lose weight and keep it off... I've lost well over 100lbs in the last year, and did a lot of yo-yo-ing for many years before that. So good work and keep that motivation going!

Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    Get off that stuff! Aspartame Controversy - Mark's Daily Apple: Dear Mark: Phenylketonurics and Chewing Gum

Would you please kindly post the last three meals you have had? You are most likely consuming "bad" items and not realizing it.
    Lunch today had grill chicken 2 legs, 2 thigh, 2 wings and 1 kirkland hot dog
    breakfast today 2 kirkland beef hot dogs with 4 eggs

yesterday
    dinner 3 kirkland beef hot dogs and 1/2 avocado
    lunch 20 Shrimps nothing on them
    breakfast 5 slices of bacon with 4 eggs
    snacks 1 cup of mixed nuts and 9 spears of pickles

are you eating any veggies or fruits at all? They're really good for you & packed with vitamins. Especially the veggies. I have to be careful with fruit or it can stall weight loss. But veggies never seem to hinder the weight loss for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    What is in the hot dogs?

As for nuts, a serving size for one day, for someone losing weight, is generally a handful.
    8oz of cashews is:
    1254.2 calories
    99.5g of Fat
    -17.7g Saturated Fat
    -17.8g Polyunsaturated Fat
    -54g Monounsaturated Fat
    68.5g Carbohydrates
    -13.4 Sugars
    -7.5g Dietary Fiber
    41.3g Protein

As you can see, nuts = you eating a lot more calories than you think.

I'm weighing the nuts and it is 90 grams which is 600 calories

the hot dogs are 170 cal
    14 g total fat
    2g carb
    8g protein
    no sugar in these at all. just found these at Costco and the only ones i have seen so far with no sugars.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I think bacon and hot dogs are not ideal as staples for a primal diet. It looks like maybe you are thinking only about your carb count and not so much about the rest?

Think about switching your focus a bit to eating food in it's most un-processed state and in finding the most nutrient dense meals you can. Ground beef, steaks, roast, pork belly, fish, etc cooked in a nice fat (butter, coconut oil, ghee, tallow) served with some nice veggies with some fruit or a little dark chocolate for dessert if you feel like it. Try to eat some homemade bone stocks, liver, bone marrow and other nutrient dense foods. Eat large, satisfying meals and try to keep snacking to a minimum.

Nuts may slow you down as well - especially in that quantity. They can be inflammatory and are certainly packed with calories.

ETA - best to ditch the snapple. Aspartame is not good. Drink water, tea, coffee - but nothing with an ingredient list
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Quote Originally Posted by palebluedots View Post
    are you eating any veggies or fruits at all? They're really good for you & packed with vitamins. Especially the veggies. I have to be careful with fruit or it can stall weight loss. But veggies never seem to hinder the weight loss for me.
    No i don't eat a lot of veggies and fruit i was eating a few berries.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sounds like you are basically doing atkins(not the worst thing).

Eating vegetables would help.
    Eating higher quality meat would help.
    Nuts are one of the very few things that stop my fatloss cold, if not make me fatter.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast