Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lady problems. page

Arscott is offline Junior Member

Lady problems.

Shop Now
    So I was wondering if any of you guys (especially the ladies out there) could help me figure out what in the world is going on with me lately.

I'm 21 years old, 5'8", 165ish lbs. A few months ago I was bopin' along, doin' my thing, when I realized that I had missed a period. That was a first. So I took a HPT, went and got a blood test, and thankfully everything was negative. My friends were always telling me stories about their irregular periods, so I just chalked it up to being a lady. But now, two months and two more missed periods later, I'm starting to get a little confused...

Missing periods is extremely abnormal for me (as in, I never have before). Before my missed periods I had also been having a lot of success with my weight loss & moods being stable. Now I'm suddenly gaining weight (7-10 lbs ) and all over the place emotionally (mostly irritable). I'm _definitely_ not pregnant, which was a surprise to me. I had/have a lot of pregnancy-like symptoms, including my boobs getting bigger, which happened before I put on the 7-10 lbs previously mentioned. I've also noticed a reversal of my previous problem with vaginal dryness. I feel generally bloated most of the time and get light/moderate cramping sometimes (it FEELS like I'm about to start menstruating, but I never do).

I went into the doctor earlier this month and she did a hormone panel, but it wasn't as comprehensive as I had hoped. I would go back in but I'm pretty broke and won't have insurance until school starts in August. I've been doing a lot of reading and what I'm experiencing seems to be pretty consistent with estrogen dominance, but I'm not sure...

Back in March I was doing some tinkering with my diet because I was having problems with severe bloating/pain, probably due a food intolerance. I ate just meal/offal/fat for about 10 days and then slowly started to add things back in. It was seriously the best I have felt in years, but I'm wondering if it somehow may have messed with my cortisol levels? I didn't FEEL like it was putting stress on my body, but I guess it's possible.

If any of you guys have experienced something similar, or have any theories, I'd be psyched to hear about it

Comma is offline Senior Member
    You're pregnant.

And yes, I've read it all. Hmmhmmm. There's nothing else that strikes totally out of the blue like that, otherwise I'd say PCOS.

Do another test. A good one.

Comma is offline Senior Member
    Erm, three months along, if so....is your lower abdomen tender at all?

Haha, like I said I am definitely not pregnant. I've had two blood tests and an ultrasound. My uterus is as barren as the mojave. No lower abdominal tenderness, just the occasional cramping.

i would say PCOS.

Ahh, yeah. That's a possibility. I don't know if PCOS is genetic, but my mom has a very severe case of it. I seem to remember reading something about low carb diets helping women with PCOS? Perhaps I'll look into that some more.

LissaKa is offline Junior Member
    Did they check your prolactin? Have you had any leakage from your breasts? Did the mention your pituitary? Probably not your problem but if it was, it could mess with your periods.

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    I'm guessing you'd have told us, but are you taking birth control pills, or any contraceptive injections like depo provera?

They did test my prolactin! It was 7 ng/ml. And nope, no leakage or forms of birth control. My doctor didn't mention my pituitary gland. What could go wrong with it that would cause me to stop menstruating?

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    no, you aren't pregnant, and no, it isn't abnormal. It's very common to change your diet and workout and have your cycle change. It happened to me and all of my friends, depending upon what we;re eating, or whether we're active in martial arts or regular exercise. Normal, completely.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast