Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lady problems. page 2

NicoleP is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    When I went into bootcamp for the Marines many years ago I didn't have a cycle the whole time either. That was a first for me and could have been the physical/dietary changes.

Sally_UK is offline Junior Member
    Although missing the odd period is not unusual, the other "symptoms" are not. I'm sorry I can't suggest what may be wrong as I'm not an expert. But don't accept being fobbed off by doctors who cannot find a diagnosis and therefore conclude that there is nothing wrong with you. You know your own body and should continue to listen to it. You clearly believe there is something wrong, so I would say keep trying to find out what's up, whilst continuing to take care of yourself well.

Arscott is offline Junior Member
    Thanks guys! The odd thing about it all is that I didn't really change my routine that much at all, especially not exercise-wise. When it happened I was actually about to join a crossfit box but I put it off because I didn't want to stress my body out more than I might (somehow?) already. I may treat it as PCOS for a while and see if I feel any better. Gotta start somewhere.

I know that the missed periods themselves aren't necessarily abnormal, but like Sally_UK said, it's the other symptoms that bother me (not having my period has honestly been kind of nice, haha). I just feel generally shitty on top of it. I'm not used to feeling generally shitty.

Comma is offline Senior Member
    If you had an ultrasound, I assume they checked the ovaries and would have seen if it was a case of PCOS, it's quite visible usually.

I really have don't know anything about this, but an ectopic pregnancy would come with da hormones, right? Plus, doc for sure checked for it, right? Also I don't think it would last for 3 months. So never mind.

LisaLS is online now Senior Member
    Hmmm, my vote would be PCOS as well, but honestly no way to tell that for sure without doing the proper tests for it.

I have PCOS and going primal actually had the opposite effect on my cycles. I was VERY irregular and never ovulated on my own.
    Weight slowly slowly slowly came off, and what do ya know... I got my cycles back and got pregnant (we were trying).
    The cycles I did have on my own were still longer than normal, but I'll take that over bleeding all the time or nothing any day.
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2
    SW: 1/20/14- 212.4
    CW: 2/21/14- 202.6 (9.8 loss)
    Goal: Short term, get below 200 and get pregnant. Long term, get to 120-130
    Mini goal, get in to a size 12.

My boring uneventful journal for your viewing pleasure

I actually had my ultrasound at a women's clinic, so they didn't check out my ovaries (and if she saw anything out of the ordinary she didn't inform me). They were just checking for a pregnancy in the uterus. And from my understanding about ectopic pregnancies, the hormones are slower to ramp up but you'll still test positive on a test eventually. Also, like you said, things probably would have been rupturing by now anyway.

I've been primal for about a year and a half - two years, and my cycles were always regular until now. So it must be something that's changed recently. Or maybe more hormones have always been off and I never knew it? I guess the only way to know for sure is to go back to the doctor when my insurance kicks back in this August and get more tests done. Stupid hormones...

Comma is offline Senior Member
    Not sure this is something to fiddle with supplements, but agnex castor might help you out.

PCOS often goes hand in hand with insulin resistance and overweight- not always though, but lots of girls have actually fixed it with healthy eating and losing weight.

Is depression also a symptom of PCOS? I didn't even mention it, but I have been crazy depressed lately, as well as irritable.

I'll check out the agnex castor, thank you.

LissaKa is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arscott View Post
    They did test my prolactin! It was 7 ng/ml. And nope, no leakage or forms of birth control. My doctor didn't mention my pituitary gland. What could go wrong with it that would cause me to stop menstruating?
    The prolactin and the pituitary are connected. I have a pituitary tumor. That could cause your periods to stop. But since your prolactin is normal I guess that would be ruled out.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Not to open a whole can of worms but have you looked into supplementing with iodine? I understand it can be very for PCOS also it's very inexpensive.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...2rg/edit?pli=1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast