Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coconut Oi page

Artbuc is offline Senior Member

Coconut Oi

Primal Fuel
    A couple questions:

What is your favorite brand? Nutiva looks pretty good.

Does the flavor overpower when using it for frying, eg does it ruin scrambled eggs?

Thanks.

SheriHP is offline Junior Member
    Hi Artbuc
    I use LouAna pure coconut oil and there is no coconut flavor to it. It fries eggs beautifully and there is no lingering oily taste like vegetable oil has. I love it.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    I usually use Nutiva, but I've used some other brands. As to whether the falvor interferes, that is a highly personal thing. I don't have s trong sense of taste, so I don't mind cooking something like eggs with it. However, my husband has a superhuman sense of taste and smell, and can't stand to use coconut oil for any cooking. He can only use it in smoothies, or something that is meant to taste sweet. I've even tried 'secretly' cooking things like veggies with it, but he can taste it everytime and then can't eat whatever i cooked. Finally learned my lesson, and now i only cook with it if it's something JUST for me.

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SheriHP View Post
    Hi Artbuc
    I use LouAna pure coconut oil and there is no coconut flavor to it. It fries eggs beautifully and there is no lingering oily taste like vegetable oil has. I love it.
    No coconut flavor? Does this mean it is refined? The LouAna website doesn't say. Thanks.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    sorry but LouAna is extremely low quality coconut oil, made from capra, and bleached, deodorized & refined. it's crap.

best brands are dr. bronners, artisana and trader joe's, in my opinion.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I ignore brands and buy what's on sale at the health food co-op. Get a couple bucks off that way.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I dont know my brand. I get it at my Dutch store. I use it for most everything.

I havent researched this yet, but my sister was telling me that she heard to rub CO on your body. I thought she said it was to help with weight loss? Maybe I was just hearing things, wishful thinking maybe.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I use the Sprout's store brand. It's on sale quite often at $5.99 for a 14 ounce jar of Extra Virgin Unrefined.

Hawkward is offline Senior Member
    I like Nutiva, Artisana, and Garden of Life. All have a coconut taste to them since they are Virgin oils.

JWBooth is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I like Dr. Bronner's best and buy it whenever it is on sale. Whole Food's brand is what I get otherwise. I prefer my eggs to be cooked in grass fed butter or bacon fat. Coconut Oil I use more for meats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast