Thread: Hi from Liverpool, UK page

ajwhite is offline Junior Member

Hi from Liverpool, UK

Shop Now
    Hi

I'm from Ireland, living in Liverpool (UK) for the last 6 years.

Bit about me: 37, around 5'11", married, no kids, self employed. My peak weight was about 2 years ago, at 95kg (210 lbs). Through my wife and i cutting out the snacks, taking long walks, and trying to eat organic / cut out sweet stuff - i had a very long period of gradual weight loss - down to around 86kg (190 lbs). There i stayed for the last 6 months.

Bothering me more than the weight and general unhealthiness, was constant lack of energy, poor sleep, foggy head in the morning, and recurring sinusitis problems 6+ times a year. The issues caused stress / poorer productivity, which in turned probably caused a vicious circle. I can't afford to be sick and need to work hard, be self motivated, and be sharp - so i really felt i had to do something.

Breakthrough came when i was told about PB from a friend, when i moaned about sinusitis and my general poor health. He told me at first, i was very skeptical but thought there might be something to it so why not look deeper. He had done very well over a years period, losing a 1/3 of his weight and getting rid of arthritis (amazing story i told him he should share on here).

I've been reading this forum daily since then, and read the PB book on hols.

So - 6-7 weeks in (can't recall exact start date) - here's what i can report living a 80/20 (ish) PB lifestyle:

1. Went down to 77kg (169 lbs) - 9kg (19 lbs) in 6-7 weeks - effortlessly! no denying myself, no calorie counting, i probably ate more in fact.
    2. Less disturbed sleeping, feel more refreshed in morning, no 'brain fog'
    3. I wake up around 6 - 6:30pm before my alarm - is this normal? i used to press 'snooze' at least once!
    4. sinuses cleared up (i will consider it a success if i can go a year without it coming back)
    5. More energy in the day - so much so i am more productive and have become motivated enough to start working out
    6. less hunger - sometimes i have to remind myself to eat.
    7. inflammation disappeared dramatically - see my post wedding ring syndrome
    8. stomach grumbling, bloatedness - disappeared. It had become 'normal' for me
    9. my skin and face are much clearer, no dry spots, no ingrowing hairs - once i started washing with water only (use soap on bits / pits and probably all over around once a week)

So already a success story in a lot of ways but i feel i am just beginning the journey.

My goals:
    1. To get rid of the last 3-5kg of fat (only noticeable around my gut) - getting down to 72kg or so
    2. work up from current bodyweight training (Mark Lauren's 'you are your own gym') - to maybe P90X or something
    3. build up lean mass - no weight goal just a physique i can be proud of :-)
    4. For me and the missus to sustain a healthier lifestyle going forward - and be happier and more positive people

I've really learned A LOT about what is really going on in the world - the deliberate misinformation by Government, how the agriculture / food / medicine / pharmaceutical sectors manipulate the public and Government in the pursuit of profit. I am going through a phase of disbelief about how brainwashed i was... which is beginning to turn to anger.

Thanks Mark Sisson and the wonderful forum community for opening my eyes.

(and if you got this far, thank you for reading ...)
    Last edited by ajwhite; 06-29-2012 at 03:45 AM.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ajwhite View Post
    My goals:
    1. To get rid of the last 3-5kg of fat (only noticeable around my gut) - getting down to 72kg or so
    2. work up from current bodyweight training (Mark Lauren's 'you are your own gym') - to maybe P90X or something
    3. build up lean mass - no weight goal just a physique i can be proud of :-)
    4. For me and the missus to sustain a healthier lifestyle going forward - and be happier and more positive people
    I've got further than you to as I'm the same height but just down to 15st 8lbs from 17st 2lbs in March. I have decided to try the basic five exercises from Body by Science. I was going to start today but I have been packing to go to the Peak District, so it will be next Thursday when I get back.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Hey, great to see more and more people from this side of the pond joining the primal way of living, you sound like it's really ckicked in for you and is working well

Also we should start a 5'11 club, as I'm that height too, hmm maybe there needs to be more than that for a club
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

pdjesson is offline Senior Member
    Hello and welcome, from Burton-on-Trent, Staffs.

I'll get some platform heels. Something like this.
    All the best!

PDJ

The quieter you become the more you're able to hear.

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    LOL I've actually got shape ups as my bumbling arround shoes as they felt nice to walk in after being barefoot alot, plus they were only 20 from TK maxx, theu make me about 6'1 and look about a stone leaner
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

ajwhite is offline Junior Member
    Great to see so many people from the UK on here. Think i will start a journal page to motivate myself to keep up with this lifestyle.