Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forks over Knives page

mike_nyc is offline Junior Member

Forks over Knives

Shop Now
    Anyone see the documentary Forks over Knives? What were your thoughts?

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Lol.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

kenn is offline Senior Member
    lulz
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

CSilivestru is offline Member
    I believe my exact thought were that it was presented very well (considering it was MEANT to convince people that vegetarianism is the ideal human diet), however the data was manipulated so much that it bordered on intellectual fraud.

I think it's worth watching -- I've had a few people bring it up as "proof" against primal concepts. On a related subject, is the China Study still considered valid? There are a number of very well though out rebuttals on that study out there and, for some reason, I had thought that it was basically discredited since it omitted quite a bit of data and made assumptions where it shouldn't have....

(Don't mean to change the subject though!)
    Living the primal lifestyle and loving it! On a constant quest of optimal health and living life to the fullest :-).

You can have excuses or results -- not both.

IdeNoreen is offline Junior Member
    There are a number of very well though out rebuttals on that study out there and

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CSilivestru View Post
    I believe my exact thought were that it was presented very well (considering it was MEANT to convince people that vegetarianism is the ideal human diet), however the data was manipulated so much that it bordered on intellectual fraud.

I think it's worth watching -- I've had a few people bring it up as "proof" against primal concepts. On a related subject, is the China Study still considered valid? There are a number of very well though out rebuttals on that study out there and, for some reason, I had thought that it was basically discredited since it omitted quite a bit of data and made assumptions where it shouldn't have....

(Don't mean to change the subject though!)
    Denise Minger's deconstruction of the China Study is very well done. The China Study: Fact or Fallacy?
    One Year Later: The China Study, Revisited and Re-Bashed « Raw Food SOS: Troubleshooting on the Raw Food Diet

hmm. Why aren't those showing up as links? Oh well, you can google from there.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 06-28-2012 at 08:26 PM.

CSilivestru is offline Member
    And I highly recommend people do! I didn't post the link only because it's the third hit when you type the movie title into Google but I really should have -- thanks, Paleobird!

Denise is unbelievably thorough in her critiques. I also enjoy her writing style and the fact that she's not afraid to take on Paleo concepts as well when it comes to critiquing. BTW, if you haven't read that "review" yet, it'll take you a couple hours to really get through it. There's lots there!

She's also one of the critiques I was referring to for the China study -- hell, she has an entire page dedicated to all her posts that deal with The China Study :-).
    Living the primal lifestyle and loving it! On a constant quest of optimal health and living life to the fullest :-).

You can have excuses or results -- not both.

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_nyc View Post
    Anyone see the documentary Forks over Knives? What were your thoughts?
    Delusion
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food.” Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    I'm watching this right now. So far, I find it interesting that the studies they cite, claim that animal protein stimulates cancer growth. I'm still not sure about this claim.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast