Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forks over Knives page 2

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Okay, so finished watching it. They seem to promote veganism and villify dairy, but don't delve into the scientific reasons WHY they are bad. I agree with the message that we need to eat unprocessed foods and maintain a veggie heavy diet, but they don't address the reasons why animal products are bad. They keep talking about heart-stents, in correlation with animal protein heavy diets, but my great-grandmother, who has been an avid exerciser and low-fat, plant-based diet guru for over forty years, just had to have a stent put in. She has never been fat or sedentary. She doesn't eat processed foods. There is no black and white good diet vs. bad diet, apparently. I don't know which end is up, anymore! I need some butter-explosion popcorn...

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Vegan propaganda.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    Vegan propaganda.
    While it certainly is propaganda, I think the main message, that of a vegetable heavy, unprocessed foods diet is definitely a step in the right direction.

Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member
    I just had to stop watching this.

A comparison of American fast food vs. vegetarianism? Hm... I wonder which is healthier. Doesn't take science to figure that one out.

A comparison of meat, sugar and dairy? Where's the wheat? Why aren't you talking about the bread? Why do you keep resorting back to fast food?

Not worth my time.
    Earthy Mama's Journal
    First Primal Pregnancy

9+lbs lost this preg and good body changes from walking each day and eating healthy

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    Vegan propaganda.
    Of course. Read Denise.

PureFunctionalFitness is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IdeNoreen View Post
    There are a number of very well though out rebuttals on that study out there and
    Ned Kock at healthcorrelator has done some really good stat analysis in The China Study. He's a statistician and the numbers are quite interesting when you get into them.

http://healthcorrelator.blogspot.co..../China%20Study
    Last edited by PureFunctionalFitness; 01-06-2013 at 07:02 AM.

JEL62 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    I find it interesting that the studies they cite, claim that animal protein stimulates cancer growth.
    It was casein specifically that stimulated cancer growth, and only in the presence of aflatoxin (a potent carcinogen). Furthermore, the study was conducted using mice that were specifically bred to develop cancer easily. How in the world did he get from that point to 'all animal protein stimulates cancer growth'?

solomani is offline Junior Member
    Watched it. Thinly veiled advertisement for “low-fat whole food veganism”. Having said that there are kernels of truth here. And that is that the standard diet is so bad that *anything* is better. Any attempt to eat more naturally has impressive results.

One thing I kept thinking though if those people had gone paleo not only would they be healthy but they wouldn’t look so frail.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Another propaganda film designed to take attention away from the white carb industries by blaming meat?

The assumption in this film is always that the decrease/increase in meat caused the change instead of the change in sugar/flour.

PrimalCon New York
    Campbell's got a new book out so brace for that.

The vegangelicals speak of Cmapbell, Esselstyn, MacDougall, and Ornish as though they belong on Rushmore. Dare not question them, mortals!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast