Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm doing it wrong! page 2

CarlaC is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I know- it's so hard to stall out. Miserable. And it can take weeks and weeks. It does seem like you are moving away from what you know to be good and into a comfort zone of "occasionals" every day. You know what you gotta do! It probably has more to do with the sugars than the lack of calories. Frozen pineapple: crack. Also, my quick read of your weekday menu looks like 2000 calories- and that's assuming 1/4 of a Lindt bar and 40 almonds, walnuts and dried cranberries totaling half a cup, the cheese, pineapple- I could go on here. It might be that you are right at that maintenance calorie place and over on your sugars and carbs.

JMHO.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Something that worked for me was the eat the same thing every day... for two months. That way I only had to count calories once, and knew exactly what to buy and could prepare it mindlessly. Once I firmly decided: *this* is what I eat, it was so much easier to stick to it. In fact I'm thinking of going back to it.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

erikJ is offline Senior Member
    If your under eating calories and weight loss has stalled then there are only a few possible reasons. 1 you are actually eating more calories then you thought. 2 You are gaining strength or 3 your body has reached a level of homeostasis and has down regulated leptin levels to allow you to survive on the calories you are currently consuming. If its the third, then you need to do a day of higher carbs to boost leptin levels and allow your body to return to normal fat burning ability. Granted this is a somewhat simplified view of it but in my own experience it has done wonders not just for my body composition but for my mental health as well. Dieting sucks, sometimes you need a break.

franbee is offline Junior Member
    So agree need to once in a while totally eat what ever your heart desires. no guilt just go back to what makes you feel better. After a pig out day you feel so sick you cant wait......

wolfman is offline Senior Member
    Too much fruit and dark chocolate, it's still sugar. Keep the nuts in they will keep you full, don't worry about calories, get more veggies in there for lunch, and consider fasting ( I fast everyday 8 hours during sleep and 8 in the morning) and I only eat fruit after a workout or about twice a week. I get plenty of vitamins from my daily multi pill, and Grok didn't have fruit all the time.

Pamsc is offline Senior Member
    If things are busy at work, why not take this as a weight loss stabilization period. If you stay at the same weight for a while your body will adjust and then when you are ready it will be easier to lose more.

Add coconut oil to your smoothie for more fat (I add MCT oil too). If you have a source for really good eggs, add one or two raw eggs. I actually cook the egg white in the coconut oil (takes just a couple of minutes in a small pan) and put the egg yolks in raw.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    fruit and dried fruits everyday is lots of sugar. i love the stuff, but year-round daily access is a very modern and recent development. berries and stone fruits in season are a treat for me, not a daily staple. and yeah, i know this place is full of banana-lovers, but whatever, lol.

i'd look at getting more protein. hard-boil a dozen eggs and take some to work. or bake off a crustless quiche, cut into portions and freeze. breakfast in a flash.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12