Thread: Aspartame and me page

brownsbelle is offline Junior Member

Aspartame and me

Primal Fuel
    Hi all,
    I'm21 and just embarked on Paleo. For the last six years, I had an awful aspartame habit- we're talking 50 oz a day on average. You all seem pretty knowledgeable about it, so I was wondering if (as non-doctors) you could give me an idea of how bad I might have jt. I'm a chemist so I've read the papers, but I also know some of what "they" aren't telling us outright. I have a long-lived healthy family, and I just want an idea of what I could be up against in the future. Thanks!

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Do you mean withdrawal symptoms?
    My sister use to drink a lot of Diet Dr. Pepper. she quite cold turkey and said she went through about 2 weeks of withdrawal, mostly severe headaches and some muscle aches.

Aspartame gives me a nasty headache so ive always avoided it.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brownsbelle View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm21 and just embarked on Paleo. For the last six years, I had an awful aspartame habit- we're talking 50 oz a day on average. You all seem pretty knowledgeable about it, so I was wondering if (as non-doctors) you could give me an idea of how bad I might have jt. I'm a chemist so I've read the papers, but I also know some of what "they" aren't telling us outright. I have a long-lived healthy family, and I just want an idea of what I could be up against in the future. Thanks!
    I loved my diet pops (mostly diet pepsi). I gave it up 58 days ago, and haven't looked back. I can now see that when I had diet pop, I craved (and ate) shitty salty foods (like chips, popcorn, etc). I couldn't go to the movies and just have a diet pop, because I would then want popcorn, even though I wasn't hungry. I believe that diet pop was a catalyst to other poor nutritional choices.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Mine is "partame" too, but I don't post threads about it.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.