Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just dumping a general question on you all and would love some advice page 2

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    Yeah, I'm with PBD, totally lie.

Get theeself to a far away post office with a card. Fill it out from Aunt or Cousin Nelly, saying
    they have no place else to go, by a certain date, and could they please come stay with you
    until they find another place to live.
    If you decide to take this option, get a female friend to write the card instead of it being in your hand. Girl handwriting tends to be recognizably different from guy handwriting. Seriously crazy people look very closely at the damndest things...

tplank is offline Senior Member
    I gotta tell you...people don't write about such things usually. A fake phone call from a female voice while Mr. BSC is around would work better. Keep it very simple. Respond with, "OK. Lets have lunch together tomorrow and see how we can help." Just set the stage and then tell them the next day. I believe in honesty too, but you are dealing with potential postal behavior here ... so protecting yourself is wise.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    ^ even better, and it doesn't take a whole lot of acting skills to sound/look concerned

i live near crazy people, i was involved with crazy people, take the path of least crazy-provoking
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Awesome news. Things came to a point yesterday and it all blew up. The end result is he's moving out. Hopefully soon.
    Thanks for the good advice. I would of been comfortable kicking him out myself but I don't own the house so it wasn't ultimately my decision in the end.

The best thing about this is that I can actually start properly cooking meals again. My eating was getting pretty bad because I would ended up eating out so much because it was uncomfortable cooking at home with him around because I wasn't sure if he would complain about things like leaving the slow cooker out. lol.
    I really hope he finds a new place ASAP.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    First, you'll need to know the eviction laws where you live.

You might need to give him a certain amount of notice, and that's that. Usually it's 30 days.

You just approach him and say "sorry, this living arrangement isn't working out. As such, you have 30 days to find new digs. Oh, and here's a notorized letter to that effect." And then that's that.

Do you have a lease, any sort of written document from/with him? You might want to talk with a lawyer who deals in these things.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    oh, never mind then. if he's voluntarily moving out, then sweet.

also, when getting another roommate, it's a good idea to have a sense of the expectations that you have for each other. my DH and I are considering cohousing with a couple of families, and we were talking as a group about keeping common areas super-clean (ie, living room, kitchen, dining), having a once-daily cleaning of the play-room area, and then private areas (our own bathrooms/bedrooms/sitting areas) would be our own business.

There's also a standard of what "clean" and "organized" is. And we came up with "hostel standard" as a term. meaning that when you are finished with your dishes, you wash, dry, and put them away. When you are finished with your laundry, you clean the lint trap, wipe down the machines if needed, and take your clothes off the line, and so on.

This way, everyone would be able to most effectively use those common spaces comfortably.

And, everoyne can be messy-pigs in their own space (*cough* DH *cough*).

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    Dude, you and your dad need to grow a pair. It's your house, he is a tenant, not a friend, and it's not working. Tell him you are terminating the arrangement because it's not working out well for you, and that he needs to find another living arrangement within 30 days or whatever. There is no need to be unnecessarily nice and doormat-like for someone who is not a good friend or family member.
    Yes, obviously. Your dad in particular needs to man up.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

edit
    Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 07-01-2012 at 03:45 PM.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Let him clean and ignore him. Get some noise cancellation headphones and consider him a maid that pays you to clean the place up. Tell him he missed a few spots. That's assuming he does clean and doesn't just complain.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I will bet a nickle to a dollar he will still be there a month from now. Yes he says he is going to leave but there is no impetus for him to get out.
    Find out your local eviction rules and serve him notice or the chances are this will not go away.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast