Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reading Weston Price's Nutrition and Physical Degeneration...DAYUM! page 2

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    I'm sorry you're stating that Nutrition and Physical Degeneration is a book by an eccentric?

This book was written by the head of the American Dental Association's research unit. The forward to the book is by the Professor of Anthropology of the day at Harvard University. The book was used as a teaching text for anthropology students at Harvard for years.

There may be "opponents" of the book for all I know, but whether you and they consider that that they can "effortlessly discredit it" is really neither here nor there. There are plenty of people on the internet who consider that they can "effortlessly discredit" the theory of natural selection, for example, or any number of other things. Doesn't mean that in truth they can.
    Sorry, I wasn't commenting on the article specifically so much as the WAPF website. Which has lots of good stuff, but some quackery as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Merl, I couldn't resist this...

(*cough* homeopathy often works *cough* don't knock it until you have tried it *cough*)
    Yes it does.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

andyTHFC is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    ......Which has lots of good stuff, but some quackery as well.
    Kinda like this forum

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Weston price > primal imo. It's pretty much the same, but eversince I got interested in weston price my food has been better. I started drinking raw milk and started taking green pasture cod liver oil and butter oil. I started pooping green stuff heavily for a couple of days, felt like some kin of detox. Now my acne is gone and some other things. I plan on making my own yeast free fermented rye bread if I can find good grains.
    Billie trips balls

Homeopathy is essentially water ..... A lot of people think homeopathic means "natural" but its actually just diluted substances that are practically just water after all the diluation. The science behind them says they are useless. "Don't knock it til you try" is probably an example of hte placebo effect.

otzi Guest
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrGee View Post
    I may be way behind the curve here, but I'm just getting around to reading this gem. I'm not finished yet, but what I've read so far is very interesting, and frankly, enraging. This guy was telling folk back in 1939: "Look, we eat absolute crap nowadays, and it's degenerating our bodies and our children's bodies. Check out what isolated people who eat real food look like." Fast forward 73 years later, we're still eating crap, and our collective gene pool is weaker, except nobody realizes it beacuse physical and mental illness/degeneration is the new "normal".

Price, and others like him, seem to me like the Nikola Teslas of nutrition - unsung, and way ahead of their time
    I can re and re-read Westin A. Price's stuff! In fact, Dr. Masterjohn just did a 5 part series on it: The Daily Lipid: The Scientific Approach of Weston Price, Part 1: Nature's Closest Thing to an RCT

Another enlightening book is Live Young Forever: 12 Steps to Optimum Health, Fitness and Longevity: Jack Lalanne: 9781552100646: Amazon.com: Books by Jack Lalanne, the stuff he was saying in the 50, 60, and 70's fell on deaf ears.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12