Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TorMag’s Primal Journey page

TorMag is offline Senior Member

TorMag’s Primal Journey

Primal Fuel
    So after 10 months of living Primal, I finally thought it was time to start a journal here. I had started out keeping a diary for myself, but that trailed off, it was more important to live Primal then to record. As a way of introduction to me, here is the first entry I wrote to myself on day 1 of going Primal. My internet handle is TorMag, but my name is Tim….. BTW, I started out 365, today I am 287. My Goal is to get to 15% body fat.

Monday August 29 2011

I am dying. Yeah I know that we all are, but I am dying faster than most, slower than others. I have the four deadly horsemen that plague a vast majority of Americans today. I am a Type II Diabetic, with high cholesterol, high blood sugar and I have sleep apnea. Around 15 months ago, I went to a new doctor, when my blood sugars had reached the high 300's, I have been diabetic for over 10 years and have been on medicine for it the whole time. My doc told me I was going to be dead in 10 years and the last five would be miserable. That means I will be dead by the time I am 57 and my daughter will be 23 years old. I don't want to be dead by then just because I could not make some life changes. In the last 15 months I have been flirting with getting better, I have tried and stall at doing P90X. I have tried eating Paleo based off of Dr. Corbains book. I am better, my starting weight was around 365 and today I am at 337, but that is just a minor step. I need to get much better.

After stumbling around with the whole Paleo thing, I found Mark Sessions Daily Apple site, Mark is less radical as Dr. Corbain and calls his methodology "Primal or the Primal Blueprint". On Mark's site, he has a forum for all of his follower's and one section of the forum is success stories. There are almost 300 pages of people showing how well they have done following the Primal Blueprint and how it has changed their lives for the better. I ran across the story of Feanor78. When I saw his before picture, I thought I was looking at a picture of me.... His body shape and features are pretty much dead on with me. Could be my little brother. Feanor78 has gone from 336 lbs to 255 in 15 months. Ironically, that is the same time period that I have been since the Dr. told me I was going to die. I shared a couple of email with Feanor78 and his story has motivated me to go Primal. I have purchased a copy of Mark's book and have been absorbing it.... My Primal Journey begins today.
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

Tim, when you wrote that diary entry did you think that you could do 100 pushups at one time? In an hour? In a day?

There are people in this world that can't bench press, squat, or heck, pick up in any way the amount of weight you have lost in 10 months.

I'm following a guy like that. You've been stalkerified.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

So I thought I would add a “Before” picture, don’t really have an after one, as I am not yet “after” but a work in progress. I did actually take some pictures specifically for a “before” picture, posing without a shirt on, but I am not ready to post that picture yet, not until I am ready to show my “after” picture.

My Journal
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Tim, when you wrote that diary entry did you think that you could do 100 push ups at one time? In an hour? In a day?

There are people in this world that can't bench press, squat, or heck, pick up in any way the amount of weight you have lost in 10 months.

I'm following a guy like that. You've been stalkerified.
    LOL, I did not ever think I could do 100 push ups at a time..... It is amazing, finishing the 100 push up challenge has really changed me. I was always a good starter, but never a finisher. Having accomplished the 100 push up challenge, I have started setting goals for myself and I am pushing to get them done. The 100 P.C gave me a really good feeling of accomplishment that I am carrying over into all aspects of my life.

My Journal
    My Journal

Wow, last night killed me. On Thursday nights, I play.... My play involves dressing up in armor and sword fighting with a bunch of my friends. Practice usually runs from 7 - 10 PM. Yesterday was a hot one in Georgia. When I got to practice it was 98. Fought all night and got home around 11 PM, walked through the door thought I was going to pass out, was dizzy and lightheaded. Sat down for a few minutes, starting sweating really badly. Being a Type II diabetic, thought maybe I was going hypoglycemic, checked the blood sugars, fine there. Then I started vomiting...... Looked up Heat Exhaustion this morning, yep, that is what it was... Man does that suck. Never experienced it before.

My Journal
    My Journal

The building my office is located in has a fairly nice Fitness Center, although it is seriously lacking in Free Weights. We do have dumbbells up to 50 lbs. I was finally able to get in a good leg workout today. I ditched the leg extensions and went with Goblet Squats today using the dumbbells. I believe I am going to have a hard time walking tomorrow. I was planing on trying a version of the kettlebell 300 workout found here Kettlebells 300 Workouts, but I think my legs are not going to let me do that. Might have to stick with just snatches Viking Warrior style instead.

My Journal
    My Journal

Saturday June 30, 2012 Did the Viking Warrior work out today for cardio, I treat the VW as my sprinting. I had planned on doing the kettle bell 300 workout today, but my legs had not covered from the goblet squats yesterday so went with the VW. 4 sets at 5 minutes with a minute 45 rest between each. Did a total of 305 with a pace of 7.625 snatches per 15 secs. Counts for the four sets went 79, 79, 76, 71. The last five minutes was a killer. As usual drenched in sweat when I was finished.

Oh yeah, just woke up from and 1.5 hour nap on the sofa. Love being Primal....

My Journal
    My Journal

Another note. I wanted to get a new t-shirt yesterday for taking a current picture. All of my shirts are 3 XLT shirts, and they look big on me now. So I got to the store and grabbed a 2 xlt and started to the dressing room and thought what the hell and also grabbed a regular old XL. To my shock, I was able to put on the XL, a little tight, but I managed to get it on...... Bought the 2 XLT.....

My Journal
    My Journal

fat belly frog is offline Senior Member
    TorMag,

Thanks for the link to the 300 workout, there are some great ideas and routines in there. A weekend snooze on the couch is a good thing, hoping to have mine latter today...

Cheers FBF
    "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

Great upper body work out today..... Reverse Pyramid chicken presses, military presses, pull-downs, tricep pulldowns and lastly seated incline Reverse Pyramid dumbell curls. Started with 45's on the curls and worked down to 15's felt like a wimp at the end......

My Journal
    My Journal

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast