Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: TorMag’s Primal Journey page 8

gregpoole is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    TorMag are you using any specific kettlebell routine or making your own up as you go?
    You are what you eat, so only eat the best!

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gregpoole View Post
    TorMag are you using any specific kettlebell routine or making your own up as you go?
    I am mixing things up. I use a little Pavel, with a Pinch of Viking Conditioning and a whole lot of Cotter thrown in. I workout 6 days a week. 3 days of "cardio" and three days of lifting heavy things. For my cardio days, I do Viking Conditioning, that is Tue, Thur and Saturday. On Mon, Wed and Friday, I lift heavy things. I do Cotter's upper or lower body Kettlebell rountines from his Extreme Kettlebell workouts, alternating workouts. So one week Mon and Friday will be upper body and Wed will be lower body, the next week will be two lower with one upper....
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Hey Tor. Log looks great. Can you give us more info on Viking conditioning and Cotter?

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

KimT is offline Senior Member
    Awesome work and fantastic that your wife is willing to give the bells a swing! My husband and I started them together too and it's great. He did the RKC And WKC without me, then we both did IKFF and a couple other seminars. Keeps us bonded.

I'm just catching up here, started a new job and I'm kinda getting back in the groove after being a bum for 4 months (by choice involving a move cross country). Our trip to Thailand was great, I just look back and wish I would have been in better shape at the time. Didn't know about this "diet" stuff then. Still trying to figure it all out, but making progress. The kettlebell comps are fun, so if you ever want to challenge yourself in a different way, you should think about it. Obviously you're competitive, given the story, so you'd probably enjoy it. The meets are great with participants encouraging everyone. Totally different than anything I've done in the past and most of it is competing with yourself, lots of mental toughness.

Hope your wife enjoys starting the workouts and I'm sure your daughter would benefit too! Keep posting on the progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Richardmac View Post
    Hey Tor. Log looks great. Can you give us more info on Viking conditioning and Cotter?

Richard
    Steve Cotter is the man when it comes to Kettlebells. Just google him and all sorts of YouTube videos will come up. Here is an example of his Upper body kettlebell workout from his Extreme Kettlebells DVD.

1. Ten lying floor presses, bell in each hand.
    2. Double Bell bent over rows five each side (yes gripping two bells in one hand)
    3. Bottom up cleans 5 each side
    4. Alternating millitary press 5 each side.
    5. Seated one arm snatch 5 each side
    6. Seated two bell cleans 5
    7. Double bell swings 5
    8. Lying extended pullover single bell 10 reps.

Rest 1 minute, rinse and repete. You do three sets of this. In the end, I am just covered in sweat..... It is a great workout.

The Viking Warrior workout comes from the Dragon Door people, one of those workouts that will make you a man or woman. Basiclly, it is all centered around the Snatch. You use a lighter bell than normal and you do HITT. You need a HITT timer (if you have any kind of smart phone you can download an HITT timer for free, or go with a gymboss) You do 15 seconds of snatching followed by 15 secs rest switch hands and do it again. The goal is to get up to 40 minutes of doing that with a pace of at least 7 - 9 snatches per 15 seconds. I am up to 25 minutes right now. That is my "Cardio" workout. Believe me, it qualifies as your Primal sprinting.

My Journal
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by KimT View Post
    Awesome work and fantastic that your wife is willing to give the bells a swing! My husband and I started them together too and it's great. He did the RKC And WKC without me, then we both did IKFF and a couple other seminars. Keeps us bonded.

I'm just catching up here, started a new job and I'm kinda getting back in the groove after being a bum for 4 months (by choice involving a move cross country). Our trip to Thailand was great, I just look back and wish I would have been in better shape at the time. Didn't know about this "diet" stuff then. Still trying to figure it all out, but making progress. The kettlebell comps are fun, so if you ever want to challenge yourself in a different way, you should think about it. Obviously you're competitive, given the story, so you'd probably enjoy it. The meets are great with participants encouraging everyone. Totally different than anything I've done in the past and most of it is competing with yourself, lots of mental toughness.

Hope your wife enjoys starting the workouts and I'm sure your daughter would benefit too! Keep posting on the progress!
    Hey Kim, glad to hear you and your husband swing together (a very little kettlebell humor). I guess my wife and I are going to be able to use that now "Yeah we swing!!!!!!" Bad joke, sorry. I have thought about working towards my IFKK certification, defenitly going to try some competitions in the near future. There is a kettlebell gym here in Atlanta, if it was not so far away I would join. But I do know that they sponsor some competitions.

Take care.

My Journal
    My Journal

Oh yeah, I should mention that I picked up a copy of Dr. Hyman's Blood Sugar Solution. Been reading it, looks like with very little modifications, his program can be Primal. I was very interested in all of advice on supplements for helping blood sugar. Also found his whole concept of Functional Medicine very interesting. Was able to locate several doctors here in Atlanta that have been to his seminars and practice functional medicine. So I am sure they will be more familiar with Paleo then my Quack.

My only concern with Dr. Hyman and his book, is that he does mention that he is friends with Dr. Oz......... Oh well can't be perfect, but his whole program for getting off meds is very close to Whole 30. Going to give it a try and will post here all about the six weeks..... No coffee is going to be hard for me, much harder than giving up sugar and wheat was......

My Journal
    My Journal

Hey, I hate to keep bothering you about this, but where could a dude find a viking conditioning workout without downloading something from a website that mysteriously takes over your computer and changes some stuff around...because that crap really did happen to me.
    I just want a workout routine for kettlebells.

I also want spell check to recognize kettlebells, I hate that red squiggly line.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I have that spell check problem too, but if you right-click the word, you can usually add it to the dictionary of your browser/add-on.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Hey, I hate to keep bothering you about this, but where could a dude find a viking conditioning workout without downloading something from a website that mysteriously takes over your computer and changes some stuff around...because that crap really did happen to me.
    I just want a workout routine for kettlebells.

I also want spell check to recognize kettlebells, I hate that red squiggly line.
    Just so peeps don't think I am an a hole and ignored you, I replied off line.

My Journal
    My Journal

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast