So after 10 months of living Primal, I finally thought it was time to start a journal here. I had started out keeping a diary for myself, but that trailed off, it was more important to live Primal then to record. As a way of introduction to me, here is the first entry I wrote to myself on day 1 of going Primal. My internet handle is TorMag, but my name is Tim….. BTW, I started out 365, today I am 287. My Goal is to get to 15% body fat.

Monday August 29 2011

I am dying. Yeah I know that we all are, but I am dying faster than most, slower than others. I have the four deadly horsemen that plague a vast majority of Americans today. I am a Type II Diabetic, with high cholesterol, high blood sugar and I have sleep apnea. Around 15 months ago, I went to a new doctor, when my blood sugars had reached the high 300's, I have been diabetic for over 10 years and have been on medicine for it the whole time. My doc told me I was going to be dead in 10 years and the last five would be miserable. That means I will be dead by the time I am 57 and my daughter will be 23 years old. I don't want to be dead by then just because I could not make some life changes. In the last 15 months I have been flirting with getting better, I have tried and stall at doing P90X. I have tried eating Paleo based off of Dr. Corbains book. I am better, my starting weight was around 365 and today I am at 337, but that is just a minor step. I need to get much better.

After stumbling around with the whole Paleo thing, I found Mark Sessions Daily Apple site, Mark is less radical as Dr. Corbain and calls his methodology "Primal or the Primal Blueprint". On Mark's site, he has a forum for all of his follower's and one section of the forum is success stories. There are almost 300 pages of people showing how well they have done following the Primal Blueprint and how it has changed their lives for the better. I ran across the story of Feanor78. When I saw his before picture, I thought I was looking at a picture of me.... His body shape and features are pretty much dead on with me. Could be my little brother. Feanor78 has gone from 336 lbs to 255 in 15 months. Ironically, that is the same time period that I have been since the Dr. told me I was going to die. I shared a couple of email with Feanor78 and his story has motivated me to go Primal. I have purchased a copy of Mark's book and have been absorbing it.... My Primal Journey begins today.