Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: TorMag’s Primal Journey page 5

Good job on the weight loss. I don't know how to help you on the weight loss goal, I've been eating the bad foods for a week or so now and the weight has started creeping back on. When I ate clean it came off pretty steadily.
    What size kettlebells do I need to start with? I've got a 25kg, 15kg, and a 10kg. Do I just need to bite the bullet and get another 25kg or ease into it with another 15kg?
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    You are inspiring me to be less of a lazy ass about my kettlebell. I am a slim gal and have never had much muscle definition. I have a 15lb kettlebell and don't have the upper-body strength to do much with it, though I think it's a good weight for me to start with. I should watch some of those videos and just do it. All I know how to do is a regular old swing.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Good job on the weight loss. I don't know how to help you on the weight loss goal, I've been eating the bad foods for a week or so now and the weight has started creeping back on. When I ate clean it came off pretty steadily.
    What size kettlebells do I need to start with? I've got a 25kg, 15kg, and a 10kg. Do I just need to bite the bullet and get another 25kg or ease into it with another 15kg?
    I don't have any matching pairs. I keep thinking I need to get a second 15 kg, but now that I can snatch the 25 kg, probably going to get a second 25 kg instead. I am heading to the beach in a couple of weeks for vacation, planning on borrowing a buddy's 15 kg and try a bunch of two bell stuff while I am there. If I were you, I would buy another 15 kg for now, and then when you are ready go up... You could always sell the 15 kg on Craig's list when you are ready to move up... Kettlebell's pretty much go for retail on Craigs lists..
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    You are inspiring me to be less of a lazy ass about my kettlebell. I am a slim gal and have never had much muscle definition. I have a 15lb kettlebell and don't have the upper-body strength to do much with it, though I think it's a good weight for me to start with. I should watch some of those videos and just do it. All I know how to do is a regular old swing.
    Thanks...... I would say the 15 is fine for you right now. I have been watching a lot of video's lately on kettlebells, and the one thing they keep saying "Use the bell that is right for you." The bell where you can complete X number of reps.... Just google Steve Cotter and watch all of his videos on YouTube

My Journal
    My Journal

So today I thought I would do something a little different. Instead of doing my scheduled Upper body workout. I decided to try one of Steve Cotter's Kettlebell Circuit workouts. In his Extreme Kettlebell dvd's he has a 20 minute circuit where you never set the bell down, in between sets, you are moving the bell around your front and back. Did it with the 15 kg bell, breathing and sweating real hard and then at the very end, Steve is like, "Ok, 5 Turkish Getups each side", I was like "F' off Steve and walked away". Ok kidding about that part, but damn, couldn't he had put those at the start, not when you are all sweaty and tired. Oh yeah, I did drop the bell once when passing it around the back.

My Journal
    My Journal

Just hanging out at the beach this week. I did bring my kettlebells with me, going down to beach in a few to do my workout. Also, taking long walks on the beach both in the morning and at night.... Same beach where that fishing picture was taken last year. I look alot different this time around.......

My Journal
    My Journal

KimT is offline Senior Member
    Cotter is a maniac like that! Bells at the beach are awesome! For something different, if it's not too crowded where you are, you can swing them and toss them, either to the front, or over your head backward. Shot-putting them is fun. Set a distance on the beach, and then toss, run to it (or bear crawl, crab walk, duck walk), then toss and repeat. Lots of variations. the beach is also a fun place to practice juggling them, as long as you keep your toes from getting buried in the sand and can move them quick enough!

Sorry to crash into your journal, but I do like my kettlebells! Hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Quote Originally Posted by KimT View Post
    Cotter is a maniac like that! Bells at the beach are awesome! For something different, if it's not too crowded where you are, you can swing them and toss them, either to the front, or over your head backward. Shot-putting them is fun. Set a distance on the beach, and then toss, run to it (or bear crawl, crab walk, duck walk), then toss and repeat. Lots of variations. the beach is also a fun place to practice juggling them, as long as you keep your toes from getting buried in the sand and can move them quick enough!

Sorry to crash into your journal, but I do like my kettlebells! Hope you have a wonderful vacation!
    No problem crashing, that is what this is for... Sharing my journey with my friends.... I used to throw the shot and discus. Was much better with the discus and made it to State championships back in high school in California and got to throw in the high school nationals in Argentina (that's a story for another time).

My Journal
    My Journal

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TorMag View Post
    No problem crashing, that is what this is for... Sharing my journey with my friends.... I used to throw the shot and discus. Was much better with the discus and made it to State championships back in high school in California and got to throw in the high school nationals in Argentina (that's a story for another time).
    These are stories for now. I will fix a snack and sit and read.

I can imagine you hurling a KB around a beach (with grace and poise of course).

Iv just started a log to my friend. I thought if im jumping in it should be with both feet.

Richard

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So my 25th Anniversary came and went, can't believe I have been married for 25 years..... Wow. I did my weigh-in today, I did not hit more goal of 275 by my anniversary, but I came damn close. I got down to 277. I am getting really close to joining the Century Club.....

My Journal
    My Journal

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast