Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: TorMag’s Primal Journey page 18

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day 31 Blood Sugar Solution

I have not worked out in almost two weeks because of the bronchitis and then the soccer tournament. So last night I decided to try the Kettlebell 300 workout (Kettlebells 300 Workouts) on the starting intermediate level, I'm in shape right? The work out looks something like this.

• 40 Two-Hand Swings
    • 20 Get Ups
    • 20 Snatches on the Left
    • 20 Snatches on the Right
    • 20 Box Squats with Kettlebell
    • 20 Russian Twists
    • 30 Clean and Press with Kettlebell
    • 30 Two-Hand Swings

I was using my 16 kg k-bell, Get ups have always been my bane, heck who gets up from the ground using left leg dominant anyway. I have no problem doing Right Sided Get ups..... So knocking out 20 Get Ups left the tank pretty empty. When I got to the box squats, I went down once and never got up, that was the end of that workout. I think I need to start at the Beginners 300 workout......

Morning BS = 168
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

Day 32 Blood Sugar Solution

10 days to go to finish my n=1 on this. Have to say that I am very happy and would recommend following the Blood Sugar Solution along with being Primal to anyone with Type II diabetes.

Morning BS = 124

My Journal
    My Journal

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like the flu is on the retreat! Great KB'ing. I did Side bend with presses and low windmills yesterday. I love going at low windmill with 55# KB, it looks kindda awsome, and feels even better.

I can't do Turkish get ups though on the account of being a wimp (and my feet cramp, lol).
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

We had a work event last Friday, someone posted a bunch of pictures. Man, even after loosing 100 lbs, I still look fat. Need to take things up a notch or two. Not happy today.

My Journal
    My Journal

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    *skulking around in Tim's journal waiting for an entry...*

Leida is offline Senior Member
    We had a work event last Friday, someone posted a bunch of pictures. Man, even after loosing 100 lbs, I still look fat. Need to take things up a notch or two. Not happy today.
    You know what this means? This means you are regaining your health: that's when aesthetic concerns start coming to the forefront. You can be everything you want to be, TM. Healthy and muscular and lean and strong!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Tormag,

I wonder if that feeling ever really leaves entirely. I remember as a young man, going away for the summer to help relatives renovate their house. They were very health conscious and talked me into dieting and running to lose weight. Starting at 240 lbs I did diet and run and by the end of the summer was down to 184! But I still felt fat and looked fat to me in the final photograph we took together.

Fast forward 30 years and now when I look at that photograph I see a skinny kid!

I think part of weight loss is hyper focusing on your appearance, it is in some senses narcissistic by necessity. So likely you are being more self critical than is warranted.

Bravo on the weight loss! You are an inspiration!

DC
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Thanks Guys, I appreciate the props.... Sorry I have not kept the journal up the week or so. Tomorrow marks the end of my n=1 42 day Blood sugar solution. I post some interesting obervations, thought and what's next at some point tomorrow.

My Journal
    My Journal

Ok, so my 42 days of the Blood Sugar Solution are over, and I have to report that it was a success. However, I am not done with the blood sugar journey. Before doing the Blood Sugar Solution, my morning fasting sugars were averaging somewhere in the 260 range. My sugars this morning were 167 and my average for the 6 weeks was 142. So for me that is a huge success.

How do I know the journey is not over. Well, for one, my sugars are not below 100 in the morning. Secondly, I ran out of my Janument and glimpideride (sp) my two diabetes medicines last Thursday, I did not get replacements until Saturday Morning. Without those two, my sugars did get up to 207.

In defense of the Blood Sugar Solution, Dr. Hyman in his book said that for some, those who have been diabetic for a while, it will take longer than 6 weeks to cure yourself of diabetes, and yes he claims you can be cured. I have to believe him, my sugars dropped over 100 points in six weeks and I was at the point where I was starting to give up.

Not any more, I can beat this thing. I feel so much better now that my sugars are starting to get in control. So I will keep going, I will continued to combine the Primal, with the strictness of the Blood Sugar Solution and the supplements and I hope that may in another 6 weeks or 6 months, I will be diabetes free.

My Journal
    My Journal

I forgot to mention that during the six weeks, I dropped another 8 pounds and I am at 264 now. Really excited about that too.

My Journal
    My Journal

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast