Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: TorMag’s Primal Journey page 17

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by TorMag View Post
    Goldie, thanks for checking in. Glad you are playing with the kettlebells. How are your shoulders with the bells? Do you do snatches with the shoulder that had the surgery?

I have heard that too about the working out the DOMS, that is why I love my foam roller....
    Yes, I do snatches with my "bad" shoulder. The surgery was successful, but I've been very careful about rehab--there's NO way I want to go through that again! (Initial injury was from a car wreck.) I'm just very careful with technique and the weight I use... I'm not out to impress anyone, I just want to be able to scoop up the grandkid and run away from the escaped zoo lion!

I made my own foam roller with a short length of PVC pipe (4" diameter), an old yoga mat cut to fit, and duct tape. Works a charm, all for about $2.50 in supplies!

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I thought soaking helped with making smoothie smoother Glad you are feeling better!!!

My problem with KBs is that the sizes in the gym jump from 35 lbs to 55 lbs. So, I am up to 80 2-handed swings on 35 KB, working up to 100 swings, but on the 55 lbs one I can do maybe 8-10 at a time, and then lose form. I am about to ask the gym to invest in a couple of 'intermediate' sizes. I mean, up to 35 lbs they go up by 5 lbs, what's with the 20 lbs jump?
    Leida, WalMart has some dirt cheap kettlebells online. I don't know if WalMart is up there in Canada or not, but if you do, you can order online and have them delivered to your local store for free. I have all my kettlebells at home.
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Yes, I do snatches with my "bad" shoulder. The surgery was successful, but I've been very careful about rehab--there's NO way I want to go through that again! (Initial injury was from a car wreck.) I'm just very careful with technique and the weight I use... I'm not out to impress anyone, I just want to be able to scoop up the grandkid and run away from the escaped zoo lion!

I made my own foam roller with a short length of PVC pipe (4" diameter), an old yoga mat cut to fit, and duct tape. Works a charm, all for about $2.50 in supplies!
    Everytime I do snatches, my left shoulder makes all sorts of noise, even after a good warm up. I always think "oh oh".... That is a great idea for a homemade foam roller. For a giant piece of foam, foam rollers are sooo damn expensive.

My Journal
    My Journal

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I am sure WalMart has them, but I exercise in the gym. It's my 'me time' away from it all! I have plenty of equipment at home from my 'DIY' days, and I don't want any more. My gym is fab, so I am sure they will listen to the request
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I am sure WalMart has them, but I exercise in the gym. It's my 'me time' away from it all! I have plenty of equipment at home from my 'DIY' days, and I don't want any more. My gym is fab, so I am sure they will listen to the request
    Glad to hear that. Keep on Belling......

My Journal
    My Journal

Day 25 - 30 Blood Sugar Solution (Sept 21 – 26)

Sorry, this weekend I was away, my daughter had a soccer tournament this past weekend so I was up in South Carolina for the weekend. Ate clean the whole time, not too difficult to do once you know what you are doing….. Ok, I lied about clean eating the whole time, I did break down and have a bagel with cream cheese one day, bet you can’t tell which day that was…….

Day 25 Moring BS = 144
    Day 26 Moring BS = 152
    Day 27 Moring BS = 136
    Day 28 Moring BS = 211
    Day 29 Moring BS = 160
    Day 30 Moring BS = 144

So I have 12 days left of this 42 day Blood Sugar Solution. I decided that I am going to work out really hard the next 12 days to see where things land.

My Journal
    My Journal

Wow, one bagel did that.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Wow, one bagel did that.
    Not only did it do that, but about 30 minutes later, I felt light headed and dizzy....... Who knows!

My Journal
    My Journal

lowcarbjas is offline Member
    You've inspired me to eat cleaner and get a kettlebell....
    Start Weight: 63.6kg/140lbs
    Goal Weight: 54kg/118lbs

Quote Originally Posted by lowcarbjas View Post
    You've inspired me to eat cleaner and get a kettlebell....
    Thanks Jasmine. I look foward to hearing about your results...

My Journal
    My Journal

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast