Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: TorMag’s Primal Journey page 16

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Day 24 Blood Sugar Solution

Sorry, I have been really sick that last four days. Slept most of the day away yesterday. Still not feeling all that hot on antibiotics, I have a good case of bronchitis. When I am sick, my blood sugars always go up, not sure why, would be curious if that is the case with other diabetics. Any this mornings bs was 191.

Morning BS = 191

Breakfast = Ultra Smoothie
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Get better soon! Sheesh, one of this days I gotta soak some nuts to make the ultra smoothie. I miss my smoothies since I gave up fruit....
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Get better soon! Sheesh, one of this days I gotta soak some nuts to make the ultra smoothie. I miss my smoothies since I gave up fruit....
    I miss the fruit too. So what does soaking the nuts do? Is it a must? I have not been doing that. I just bought almond slivers and use them without soaking....

My Journal
    My Journal

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    I can't even imagine a 50 pound kettlebell - YET.

I tried 15 pounds and it wore me out aerobically, not so much physically..... but here is the thing, I was just about a cripple for 4 or 5 days after doing my first workout. The first day I literally couldn't stand up. That sucks because I really want to do kettlebell workouts. I think I need to get in better shape before attempting them again.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Papa View Post
    I can't even imagine a 50 pound kettlebell - YET.

I tried 15 pounds and it wore me out aerobically, not so much physically..... but here is the thing, I was just about a cripple for 4 or 5 days after doing my first workout. The first day I literally couldn't stand up. That sucks because I really want to do kettlebell workouts. I think I need to get in better shape before attempting them again.
    50 is a lot at first, but you can get there..... Do NOT wait to go again, you will just start the cycle of pain all over. Wait one day between workouts and go again. Trust me, the DOMS will go away after the second workout. DOMS = Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. Anytime you get gaps in your workout, you will get some soreness when you start working out again.

My Journal
    My Journal

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Tim! I hope you're feeling better!

I've been stalking your journal and finally had to post, 'cause I was worried when you were sick and didn't check in.

I am also a kettlebell lover, but I'm a lightweight (and about 18 months post rotator cuff surgery), so the 12kg and 16kg are my babies. I tele-work quite a bit, and my babies live in my home office. I play with them every hour or two, to get away from the computer.

The latest stuff I've read about DOMS/muscle injury is to gently work the affected muscles. This helps circulate the lymphatic fluid; the inflammation fighting cells are too big to get carried away in the bloodstream, so it's up to the lymphatic system to flush them out. The lymphatic system doesn't have a pumping heart to move things along, so it's up to muscle movement to do that. A "leisurely" workout does help to relieve DOMS! Heat and massage also help!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TorMag View Post
    I was keeping them out. I aligned Hyman with Primal. Primal First.....
    Good thinking.

Day 24 Blood Sugar Solution

Sorry, I have been really sick that last four days. Slept most of the day away yesterday. Still not feeling all that hot on antibiotics, I have a good case of bronchitis. When I am sick, my blood sugars always go up, not sure why, would be curious if that is the case with other diabetics. Any this mornings bs was 191.
    I hope you are feeling better.

I miss the fruit too. So what does soaking the nuts do? Is it a must? I have not been doing that. I just bought almond slivers and use them without soaking....
    It is supposed to reduce the phytates but unless you are eating them by the pound I don't think it makes a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Tim! I hope you're feeling better!

I've been stalking your journal and finally had to post, 'cause I was worried when you were sick and didn't check in.

I am also a kettlebell lover, but I'm a lightweight (and about 18 months post rotator cuff surgery), so the 12kg and 16kg are my babies. I tele-work quite a bit, and my babies live in my home office. I play with them every hour or two, to get away from the computer.

The latest stuff I've read about DOMS/muscle injury is to gently work the affected muscles. This helps circulate the lymphatic fluid; the inflammation fighting cells are too big to get carried away in the bloodstream, so it's up to the lymphatic system to flush them out. The lymphatic system doesn't have a pumping heart to move things along, so it's up to muscle movement to do that. A "leisurely" workout does help to relieve DOMS! Heat and massage also help!
    Goldie, thanks for checking in. Glad you are playing with the kettlebells. How are your shoulders with the bells? Do you do snatches with the shoulder that had the surgery?

I have heard that too about the working out the DOMS, that is why I love my foam roller....

My Journal
    My Journal

PaleoBird:

I am finally starting to feel better, the crude stayed with me a long time, had to go on antibiotics..... Thanks for the heads up on soaking the nuts... No, I don't eat much, lease than a quarter cup goes in my smoothie.

My Journal
    My Journal

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I thought soaking helped with making smoothie smoother Glad you are feeling better!!!

My problem with KBs is that the sizes in the gym jump from 35 lbs to 55 lbs. So, I am up to 80 2-handed swings on 35 KB, working up to 100 swings, but on the 55 lbs one I can do maybe 8-10 at a time, and then lose form. I am about to ask the gym to invest in a couple of 'intermediate' sizes. I mean, up to 35 lbs they go up by 5 lbs, what's with the 20 lbs jump?
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast