Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: TorMag’s Primal Journey page 13

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day 14 Blood Sugar Solution

Morning BS 131. That is more like it. Got to be very happy with that..... .

Morning BS = 131

Breakfast = 1 sausage 3 fried eggs

Lunch = skipped, late breakfast

Dinner = Steak, zuchinni, LAS

Exercise = none
    Last edited by TorMag; 09-10-2012 at 04:51 AM.
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

Day 15 Blood Sugar Solution

Morning BS was 138, really happy, two days in a row that my morning BS has been in the 130's. I can't began to tell you how excited I am about this. I have not had sugars like this since I became Primal and took myself of insulin. Would be nice to be able to isolate what exactly was the change that made the sugars come down. Here is the list of what I am doing different.

1. No starches, this means no sweet potatoes or rice that I was eating. Those were occasionally.
    2. No fruit. This could be the one, I was eating fruit. Apples and strawberries were at the top of the list. Not a lot, of fruit, but enough.
    3. No Caffeine
    4. No Diary. I am cheating a little here. I am having a cup of Crio Bru in the mornings with a little bit of heavy whipping cream and I still use butter to fry my eggs. So diary might not be the problem, as this has not changed from what I was doing before.
    5. Taking all the supplements.

My Journal
    My Journal

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Congrats on your overall downward movement of the blood sugar readings! That is really fantastic

BTW, every time I pick up the kettlebell, I think of you. I'm finally starting to build a routine for myself and try out some different moves (instead of just swings, deadlifts, and goblets).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Congrats on your overall downward movement of the blood sugar readings! That is really fantastic

BTW, every time I pick up the kettlebell, I think of you. I'm finally starting to build a routine for myself and try out some different moves (instead of just swings, deadlifts, and goblets).
    I am glad someone thinks about me!!!!!!! I love moving the kettlebells around. Have you tried doing the snatch? That is one of my favorites. In Steve Cotter's upper body routine, he has you do a seated snatch, takes the legs out of it, all arm and upper back. It's a fun one.

Thanks for keeping track of my blood sugar results. I am pretty excited about how this is going. The N=1 is working out really well. Shows me that my pancreas is working and still spitting out insulin, I guess the problem was I am/was really insulin resistant, even with a year of Primal living under the belt. Can't wait to see where I am when the remaining 27 days is over.

My Journal
    My Journal

Leida is offline Senior Member
    TorMag, I was thinking about you too, wanted to see if you are doing better. It seems like it is going well overall. I look at you and feel hopeful!!! Fingers crossed for you!

P.S: Thank you for reporting how strongly the fruit might be impacting your blood sugar. That's a kick in the head that I need to keep trying to stay away from the deliciously evil stuff.
    Last edited by Leida; 09-10-2012 at 12:03 PM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    TorMag, I was thinking about you too, wanted to see if you are doing better. It seems like it is going well overall. I look at you and feel hopeful!!! Fingers crossed for you!

P.S: Thank you for reporting how strongly the fruit might be impacting your blood sugar. That's a kick in the head that I need to keep trying to stay away from the deliciously evil stuff.
    Thanks Leida. Fruit was a real big one for me. I have to admit, last night around 10:30 I was craving something sweet, usually not a problem for me. But boy last night I wanted something sweet. Had my hand on some grapes in the refrigerator, but was able to talk myself out of them.... I love fruit.

My Journal
    My Journal

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, me too. I don't remember which book says that but for me it is spot on: "We are often addicted to the very thing that hurts us."
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Pops9653 is offline Junior Member
    TorMag are you still taking the BS meds? I am taking glipizide and metformin and it is keeping mine in the 130's-150's I took my self off Lantus about a month ago when I started doing the primal thing. I found out last night that if I take a glipizide before supper my fasting BS was 97. Will be playing with that as well. Once you get some more weight off the resistance will go away too I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Pops9653 View Post
    TorMag are you still taking the BS meds? I am taking glipizide and metformin and it is keeping mine in the 130's-150's I took my self off Lantus about a month ago when I started doing the primal thing. I found out last night that if I take a glipizide before supper my fasting BS was 97. Will be playing with that as well. Once you get some more weight off the resistance will go away too I hear.
    Hey Pops, I still take glimepiride and Jamumet. I have also started taking both of those before my meals. I have taken off a lot of weight, my loss is at 97 lbs right now, still gunning for another 40 lbs gone.

My Journal
    My Journal

Day 16 Blood Sugar Solution

Morning BS was 155, I forgot to take all my supplements and pills before dinner last night, that could be it. That was one of the other changes I had made, taking my meds before I ate. I use to take them right before bed at night, but in the book Dr. Hyman said you should be taking them before meals.

Morning BS = 155

Breakfast = Ultra Smoothie.

Lunch = BAS

Dinner = Bowl of beanless chili and some swiss chard

Exercise = 20 minute kettlebell circuit.
    Last edited by TorMag; 09-11-2012 at 08:42 PM.

My Journal
    My Journal

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast