Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: TorMag’s Primal Journey page 12

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day 9. Blood Sugar Solution

Holy Crap, holy crap, holy crap. I can't believe it. My blood sugars this morning were 115, yep 115. When I saw it, I had to do it again just to make sure it was not an error. Stuck a different finger on the other hand and still 115. Guess it might have been the kettlebell workout thrown in with everything else I am doing from the Blood Sugar Solution. I have not been this low without insulin for a long time. Oh yeah, I just celebrated my 1 year Primal birthday too.

Morning BS = 115

Breakfast = Ultra Smoothie. Really get to like the flavor of Flax seed..... I know...

Lunch = Pork Chop and BAS

Dinner = Beef Ribs and Sauteed Kale

Exercise = 20 minute Kettlebell Circuit.
    Last edited by TorMag; 09-04-2012 at 07:42 PM.
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    You might just be THE MAN right about now. Really pleased for you my friend. Way to rock it.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Day 10. Blood Sugar Solution

Morning BS was up a little from yesteday, 163, but that is way better than 265. I am pretty darn happy with that. Think part of it might be I ate late last night, round 9 pm. Got home from work, and fell asleep on the sofa for about 90 minutes. I have worked 28 days in a row now, and I am a little tired right now. Hopefully this weekend I can get some rest.

Morning Fasting BS = 163

Breakfast = Ultra Smoothie.

Exercise = 30 Minute Walk

My Journal
    My Journal

Day 11. Blood Sugar Solution

Morning BS = 150

Breakfast = Ultra Smoothie.

My Journal
    My Journal

Day 12. Blood Sugar Solution

Morning Fasting BS was 150 same as yesterday.... Long day, did not get any exercise done, but ate healthy. I'll take 150 any day over the 250+ I was getting 12 days ago. Still have 30 days to go on this thing, so it is really looking up.

Morning BS = 150

Breakfast = Scrambled eggs and bacon.

Dinner & Lunch = Hamburger patty and LAS. Had the same thing both times.....

Exercise = Upper Body Kettlebell Circut

Feeling really great today.
    Last edited by TorMag; 09-07-2012 at 06:09 PM.

My Journal
    My Journal

Day 13. Blood Sugar Solution

Not happy with myself last night. Got real hungry around midnight did a refridgerator raid and ended up eating a handful of grapes. My morning BS paid for it and was up to 171.....

Morning BS = 171

Breakfast = Ultra Smootie

Lunch = Hamburger Patty and LAS

Dinner = Chicken wings

Exercise = break job on car. Changed pads and rotors on front breaks.
    Last edited by TorMag; 09-09-2012 at 06:55 AM.

My Journal
    My Journal

Pops9653 is offline Junior Member
    TorMag I know this seems like a set back but what would a handful of grapes done to your BS 14 days ago. Even when you cheat a bit you still are under 200. I am following your post as I am type two as well. Looking forward to your success.

Paleobird Guest
    Happy Primal Birthday!

It's interesting the role that workouts have in your blood sugar readings too. I think that's something that a lot of T2Ds neglect.

I'm following your progress with my Dad in mind. He saw Dr. Hyman's presentation on PBS and was impressed with it. Somehow PBS carries more weight of credibility with him than something I found on the internet.

Keep at it. We are rooting for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pops9653 View Post
    TorMag I know this seems like a set back but what would a handful of grapes done to your BS 14 days ago. Even when you cheat a bit you still are under 200. I am following your post as I am type two as well. Looking forward to your success.
    Thanks for the support Pops, I really appreciate it. Wasn't too worried about the grapes. It has been really interesting the last 14 days really paying attention to how different things effect my blood sugar. It is an educational experience that I really needed to do a long time ago.

My Journal
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Happy Primal Birthday!

It's interesting the role that workouts have in your blood sugar readings too. I think that's something that a lot of T2Ds neglect.

I'm following your progress with my Dad in mind. He saw Dr. Hyman's presentation on PBS and was impressed with it. Somehow PBS carries more weight of credibility with him than something I found on the internet.

Keep at it. We are rooting for you.
    Thanks Paleo Bird. BTW, just enjoyed a cup of Crio Bru. Loving it, going to have to order a bigger bag on Amazon. Stuff is not cheap. I have not seen the Dr. Hyman show on PPS, but I had searched my local PPS station and they are showing it again this Saturday (15th) at 3:30 AM. I am planning on setting the DVR to record it. I belive that the show is a National PPS broadcast, so it might be on for other people, adjust the time for your timezone. I'm EST.

My Journal
    My Journal

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast