Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: TorMag’s Primal Journey page 10

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Richard, Kenneth Jay, the author of Viking Conditioning recommends you take cadence test before starting out. This is for snatches, but IMO would would just as well for swings. It is a 5 minutes test. You would be doing swings.

1st minute: 10 reps, or 1 rep per 6.0 seconds
    2nd minute: 14 reps, or 1 rep per 4.2 seconds
    3rd minute: 18 reps, or 1 rep per 3.3 seconds
    4th minute: 22 reps, or 1 rep per 2.7 seoncds
    5th minute: Do as many reps as possible.

"When your are doing the test, don't be too concerned about hitting 1 rep per 4.2 seconds during the second minute. Just make sure you come close. For instance, during the second minute, I would think about hitting 2 reps wever 9 seconds, evenly spaced out, which makes it a bit easier to kepp the designeated pacing. For the third minute, do 2 reps every 7 seconds, and for the foruth, do 2 reps every 5 seconds. Doing rps in this fashion enabales your to test yourself, without having a partner calling the cadence."

If you get 24 reps or less during the fifth minute, you should grab a lighter kettlebell and do the test again recovered. 40 or more reps, get a heavier kettlebell and test again rested. Also, take that number you got, devide it by 4 and that should be the number of reps you can do for each 15 second interval. Say you did 28 reps in the fifth minute, devide by 4 gives you 7, so your pace should be 7 per 15 seconds, and that is the pace you won't to try and maintain.
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

I think I'm gonna do the Russian KB challenge for 2 reasons:
    1. It takes a man to wear pajama pants like the dude in the book.
    2. I want to be a "Hard Living Comrade"!
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Tor, great help.

Il do this next week and let you know hwo it goes. once I know how many reps to do I keep that going 15 seconds on/15 seconds off for as many minutes as I can (max of 40 minutes). When the reps per 15 seconds drop below my target number I end the workout?

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    I think I'm gonna do the Russian KB challenge for 2 reasons:
    1. It takes a man to wear pajama pants like the dude in the book.
    2. I want to be a "Hard Living Comrade"!
    You need to see his videos Comrade!!!!

My Journal
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Richardmac View Post
    Thanks Tor, great help.

Il do this next week and let you know hwo it goes. once I know how many reps to do I keep that going 15 seconds on/15 seconds off for as many minutes as I can (max of 40 minutes). When the reps per 15 seconds drop below my target number I end the workout?

Richard
    Richard, one thing you might want to try at first, is do five minute blocks, with 1 or 2 minute rests between. I started out doing 20 minutes that way and decreased the rest period in between till I could go for 20 minutes straight. Then I have started adding 5 minute blocks in. I was up to 30 minutes untill I got nasty sick two weeks ago... Crud is still in my chest...
    Last edited by TorMag; 08-26-2012 at 10:21 AM.

My Journal
    My Journal

Day 1. Blood Sugar Solution.

Today is the first day of the six weeks of the Blood Sugar Solution. I will be posting daily and keep a journal of everything I eat, what my exercise was and most importantly I will be posting my morning fasting Blood Sugar.

Moring Fasting BS = 264.

Pretty bad, I know, that is why I am doing this. I do take two medicines for my BS, Janumet which is actually a two in one pill and glimepiride. Before going Primal I was also taking longer term insulin, which I took myself off of. I was doing fine with my BS when I was on insulin, morning BS were always around 100, but it was on insulin that I ballooned up to 370 lbs. My hope was that going Primal was going to cure me of the type II diabetes which it has not. I can’t remember who suggested to try the Blood Sugar Solution, but that is what I am doing for the next six weeks.

Breakfast = 3 fried eggs.

Lunch = BAS

Dinner = Hamburger Patty and zuchinni.

Exercise = 30 minute walk
    Last edited by TorMag; 08-28-2012 at 05:35 AM.

My Journal
    My Journal

Day 2. Blood Sugar Solution.

Well this is some good news, after one day my BS was down 60 points. Coincidence or the BS Solution. Don’t know but we will watch the trending.

Morning Fasting BS = 204

Breakfast = BS Solution Ultra Smoothie (2 scoops protein powder, 1 tbls Flaxseed oil, 2 tbls ground flax seed, ½ frozen Blueberries, water, ice and ¼ cup almonds) tasted like flaxseed and pretty non impressive. Blueberries are the only fruit allowed, and not by much…

Lunch = 1 hamburger patty, 1 LAS (Little Ass Salad)

Afternoon snack = 1 avacado

Dinner = Talpia, brocoli and a BAS

Exercise = none, ended up having to stay two hours longer at work today, I wasn't able to get anything in... Should have gone outside and walked the trail around the building while my query was running....
    Last edited by TorMag; 08-29-2012 at 02:20 AM.

My Journal
    My Journal

Day 3. Blood Sugar Solution.

Ok, hard not to get a little excited about this my morning fasting BS down another 20 points was at 184 this morning. Trending in the right direction. Diabetics will know what I am talking about, but my blood sure seemed thinner this morning. When your BS is high, the blood comes out real thick, like Karro Syrup, this morning it seemed normal. Also, don't know it this is just the placebo effect or not, but when I was laying in bed last night. My extremities were tingling. You know the sensation when you have been sitting on the floor and your foot goes to sleep and you get up and all the blood rushes back in..... It seemed to me that with the thinner blood, it was getting back into those capillaries just under the skin.... All good

Giving up the coffee has been really hard on me. I am a big coffee drinker, probably drink about 64 ounces a day. Yesterday afternoon was really hard on me. I am drinking Green tea in its place.

Morning BS = 184

Breakfast = 1 pork chop

Lunch = Hamburger patty and LAS

Dinner = Veggie Stir fry with some chicken

Late night = two eggs scrambled

Exercise = none
    Last edited by TorMag; 08-30-2012 at 03:57 AM.

My Journal
    My Journal

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Fantastic numbers so far my friend. Dont worry about not exercising. You rest today so you can go again tomorrow. Keep at it. Im watching as your inspiring.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardmac View Post
    Fantastic numbers so far my friend. Dont worry about not exercising. You rest today so you can go again tomorrow. Keep at it. Im watching as your inspiring.

Richard
    Thanks Richard, the support means a lot to me.

My Journal
    My Journal

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast