Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two weeks on 80/20 (I think) and no weight lost page

Evbois is offline Junior Member

Two weeks on 80/20 (I think) and no weight lost

Primal Fuel
    I haven't lost a pound and I'm nervous b/c I'm eating what feels like a lot of fats! I eat a ton of fruit. Could this be it? Maybe I'm just eating too much? I thought one dropped weight doing PB. Feeling very discouraged! Just venting, thanks for listening.

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    I know that I can't eat a ton of fruit and still lose weight. Maybe up the veggies and lower the fruit intake and see how that feels?

Good idea. Simple, too! Don't know why I didn't think of it. I feel like I need to snack sometimes. Is there a veggie that's best? I'm guessing carrots aren't great. Maybe celery.

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    I eat lots of leafy greens, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, kale, onions. I just look at what looks fresh & delicious in the grocery store or at the farmer's market that day. I'd have to think that eating some carrots might be better long term than eating lots of fruit. But I'd just try some different things and see how you feel.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    What does your 20% look like?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Eating a ton of fruit will not help if it's apples, bananas etc. I've had to cut back on fruit as well as nuts, that is until I reach my ideal weight/look and then I can go up to a maintenance intake of carbs.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

June68 is offline Senior Member
    Feel like a snack? As in you're actually hungry or it's just that time of day?
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

June68, *that* is the question! Right now, I think I'm still snacking out of habit, and a lot, which combined with my new higher fat diet is certainly adding pounds. It's going to take some time for me to transition as I always eat tiny little meals throughout the day and relatively little meat and fats.

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Evbois View Post
    I haven't lost a pound and I'm nervous b/c I'm eating what feels like a lot of fats! I eat a ton of fruit. Could this be it? Maybe I'm just eating too much? I thought one dropped weight doing PB. Feeling very discouraged! Just venting, thanks for listening.
    Could you give us more info so we can attempt to help you troubleshoot?

Need your gender, weight, age.
    Your weekly workout routine.
    You daily food intake (example of a typical day, broken up into the meals that you would eat them).

Cheers,
    Jennifer
    Last edited by Metric; 06-28-2012 at 05:49 AM. Reason: error

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Metric View Post
    Need your gender, weight, age.
    Your weekly workout routine.
    You daily food intake (example of a typical day, broken up into the meals that you would eat them).
    Hi Metric,
    I'm female, 41, 109.2 lbs. I was 102 until my daughter was born (that was 7 years ago now!) and the weight has crept up since, along with a flabby tire midsection and thighs)

Exercise routine: I work out every day. Either running, boxing, or crossfit type 45 minute weight classes at my gym. I used to be a competitive runner type (60+ miles/week) but now I do between 3-6 when I do run and I haven't done speed workouts in awhile)

Yesterday's Daily intake (this was yesterday after a 1h40 boxing workout at 6am):
    Breakfast: Pork chop with shredded kale, salad (cucumber, tomato, shredded cabbage) and 2 hard boiled eggs, handful of almonds (about 15) and a peach. (Today I didn't work out yet and had 4 scrambled eggs (2 yolks only) for breakfast with a cup of coffee with 1 tbs cream in it and a banana, 2/3 cup coconut milk yogurt)

Lunch: Salad from Whole Foods with lettuce, roasted veggies, and marinated steak, green apple, peach (today's lunch is sauteed brussel sprouts shredded (about 3/4 cup) with a deck of cards sized piece of salmon, 1 hb egg, a cup of apple sauce)

Dinner: Roasted chicken (maybe a cup?) with a big bowl of grapes, 1/2 cup of coconut milk yogurt, a handful of popcorn (oops), some berries, 2/3 cup shredded brussel sprouts. (Tonight dinner will be light - I am working out crossfit at 7pm)

I snack during the day. Yesterday it was 5-6 almonds 2x during the day, and a handful of grapes. Last night after/during making dinner, I snacked on some carrots, a piece of beef jerky, a spoonful of coconut milk, a piece of zucchini I was sauteeing in the coconut milk, etc. I have a snacking habit and it's pretty bad! Before trying primal, I used to stand in the kitchen and snack on cereal, bread, cookies, yogurt, fruit, etc. nonstop. I figured that even though I'm still snacking, it's healthier and far less, so I'm surprised I'm not losing any weight just by that.
    Last edited by Evbois; 06-28-2012 at 06:21 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast