Thread: Basketball shoes? page

ryan54 is offline Member

Basketball shoes?

Primal Fuel
    Anyone play basketball? I'm trying to find a solid pair of shoes to wear.. the Chuck Taylor's aren't cutting it and I can't see my Vibrams working out well either.

Kyle@FitFolks is offline Junior Member
    I play basketball at a fairly high level and use Merrell pace glove barefoot shoes. There's no ankle support, but if you've been training in the Vibram's for a while your feet/ankles should be tough enough. For me personally, I use to roll my ankle's a lot in the Kobe IV, V & VI... anyways, haven't rolled them once since playing in minimalist kicks. Tried Vivo barefoot shoes to, but something about them didn't seem right on the court.

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    I wear reebok b-ball shoes. I don't worry about minimalist stuff for sports.
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

lator-illa is offline Junior Member
    basketball with minimalist shoes? How does that work? How comfortable would you be going for rebounds?

Like federkeil said, I don't worry about minimalist stuff when playing sports...especially if you want to be competitive.

and onto the topic, I have the Adizero 2.5's.

Quote Originally Posted by lator-illa View Post
    How comfortable would you be going for rebounds?
    from my experience with trying vibrams for volleyball.... landing is not comfortable, I was more worried about timing jumps for spikes and blocks than soft landings.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

ryan54 is offline Member
    I've been playing in the Merrell's I just bought and feel great.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    I've played racquetball a couple times in Vibrams and it didn't take. I don't think the minimalist shoes are really designed for sports. Though I know Federkeil doesn't consider Racquetball a sport...
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    I've played racquetball a couple times in Vibrams and it didn't take. I don't think the minimalist shoes are really designed for sports. Though I know Federkeil doesn't consider Racquetball a sport...
    I've played Ultimate in vibrams and it's been fine (indoors, essentially on old astro turf with Komodos), tried my Treks outdoors on grass and couldn't get enough traction for cutting.