Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Always hungry. Always. page 2

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by TBar View Post
    I'm going to try all of your advice. I wonder, could I periodically switch the bacon for smoked salmon to change it up? Maybe twice a week?
    Sure, I don't see why not.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    If I eat this, I'm so not hungry and the thought of more food is gag-inducing (and I'm a chronically hungry person):

Breakfast
    2 eggs
    1/3lb liver
    1 small avocado
    2 mugs of coffee with whatever

Lunch
    1 small can of salmon with mustard
    1 small avocado
    something else, such as some nuts or a lara bar or half a bar of dark chocolate

Dinner
    Some veggies or salad, condiment-sized (sue me for my meatatarianism)
    Another 1/3lb meat (tuna or liver) (by now I'm gagging)
    Another small avocado (kill me now)

And this is a day I ride my bike to work and take an hour calisthenics exercise class. Do that two days in a row and I'm done eating for-like-ever. Okay, not forever, but I skipped breakfast, ate lunch, then skipped dinner. The thought of more salmon or liver or roast beef or avocados fills me with thoughts of dread. But I'm gonna do it again tomorrow because that's what there is to eat around here.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    Berries keep me from getting satisfied by my food, even if paired with generous doses of bacon and eggs, so I'd agree that that might be the issue. If I eat a good high fat/protein breakfast I am full for 12 hours.
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

wolfman is offline Senior Member
    Skip breakfast, give yourself an 8 hour eating window, and train your body to not have food all the time, I sleep ( 8 hours with no food) and upon waking 7-8 just have black coffee until about 2, then I eat and eat until I'm stuffed, lots of fat and veggies, usually holds me over, and the key is being consistent for me, after about 2 weeks I just wasn't hungry at all unil 2-3 sometimes not at all.

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Glad to see you're going to be replacing that breakfast with some protein and fat. Eggs, some form of meat/offal/fish and veggies, are a good combination and will (or should) sustain you for MUCH longer. Don't be afraid to use some fat to cook your eggs and meat too.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    gonna throw this out there too.. paleo doesn't mean low carb. your diet looks basically vlc. add some sweet potatoes, bananas, berries, etc, especially if you are an active person

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    No paleo doesn't mean low carb, but for me low carb (with ample nutrient-dense meats, not bacon or cheap meats) for several days in a row means the nagging hunger that I've had since hiking the Pacific Crest Trail shuts off.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    No paleo doesn't mean low carb, but for me low carb (with ample nutrient-dense meats, not bacon or cheap meats) for several days in a row means the nagging hunger that I've had since hiking the Pacific Crest Trail shuts off.
    i totally hear ya. i honestly think that carb intake a pretty individualized thing. i know some people are super active and succeed with low carb. i'm super active, and did really well with it and then literally hit a wall after about a year. so it took some experimantation, but i finally found the right system of cycling carbs that keeps me energized, keeps my muscles growing, and keeps me lean, all at the same time.

JBailey is offline Senior Member
    Time of the month might have something to do with what satisfies when. Some days I'm just hungrier than others, and I think it's a hormonal pattern.
    Seven Trees Farm - diversified subsistence farming on 1.25 acres.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TBar View Post
    I wonder, could I periodically switch the bacon for smoked salmon to change it up? Maybe twice a week?
    Of course!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast