Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Rage Music? page 4

DarthFriendly is offline Banned

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    Or Ministry- Just One Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    OK, I have to ask. Would one of you younguns please explain in terms a 50 year old person could understand what exactly is "Rage Music". I googled and that just left me more perplexed.

Is it music you put on and crank up loud when you are pissed off at the world? Is it wild party music? What? Please enlighten me and keep me from turning into a dinosaur.
    Yeah, it's music you listen to when you're pissed and want to smash things.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    Ummmkay. Drug addiction in all it's seedy glory with blaring acid rock guitars behind it but was there a point? Why would someone want to listen to that? Honest question. I don't mean it as a put down. Just curiosity.

I mean if you're pissed and want to smash things why would this be something you would want to hear?
    Last edited by Paleobird; 06-28-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    OK, I have to ask. Would one of you younguns please explain in terms a 50 year old person could understand what exactly is "Rage Music". I googled and that just left me more perplexed.
    Angry music.

Ummmkay. Drug addiction in all it's seedy glory with blaring acid rock guitars behind it but was there a point? Why would someone want to listen to that? Honest question. I don't mean it as a put down. Just curiosity.

I mean if you're pissed and want to smash things why would this be something you would want to hear?
    I'm a singer- it's cathartic to scream my head off, especially when I have to smile and kiss ass all day.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    I'm a singer- it's cathartic to scream my head off, especially when I have to smile and kiss ass all day.
    Don't bother his soul lacks all poetry

Meat Beat Manifesto - God O.D. Part 3 - YouTube

Paleobird Guest
    I'm a singer too and I find singing to be very cathartic. Most of these examples though aren't singing, they are someone yelling into a mic. It's like a kid having a tantrum. Wahhhhhhhhhhhh! If that works for you, cool. Yelling can be very cathartic.

Back in my day we called this stuff acid rock. No, your generation didn't invent it, just rebranded it I guess. It wasn't my cup of tea back then, isn't now. Personal tastes.

Rock on. And I appreciate the info. Thanks.

PrimalCon New York
    I'm a singer too and I find singing to be very cathartic. Most of these examples though aren't singing, they are someone yelling into a mic. It's like a kid having a tantrum. Wahhhhhhhhhhhh! If that works for you, cool. Yelling can be very cathartic.

Back in my day we called this stuff acid rock. No, your generation didn't invent it, just rebranded it I guess. It wasn't my cup of tea back then, isn't now. Personal tastes.

Rock on. And I appreciate the info. Thanks.
    Ok.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast