Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You Really Are What You Eat page

naiadknight is online now Senior Member

You Really Are What You Eat

Primal Fuel
    A study has indicated that the RNA from the foods we eat stays in the body and alters genetic expression. The example given is that the micro RNA from rice, via altering what genes turn on and off, causes the body to raise LDL.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 06-27-2012 at 04:47 PM.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Yes, this is a blow to the "GMO is safe" crowd. Thank goodness science is doing something useful once in awhile.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

peril is offline Senior Member
    Link is broken
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Link fixed (I think.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Thanks. Apart from the broader implications, makes me think I need to reduce my rice consumption to keep the quacks happy
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    That is really interesting, will watch to see whatelse transpires, that could be significant.

cantare is offline Senior Member
    "You are what you eat"

Makes sense. I'm mainly red meat and fat with some salt, and that's what I eat too, tho they keep saying it'll KILL ME.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamParkin View Post
    I totally agree from this fact that " You are what you eat". I eat all nutritious meals like rice, wheat, pulses and curd. This food keeps me healthy. So we should all take a diet that suits us and help us remain healthy.
    Don't feed the troll

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    The book, "Deep nutrition" follows along with this way of thinking. I'm reading it again now. Basically the animal parts that we eat correspond to our own parts as to benefit. I.e., animal liver helps our livers, etc.

Excellent book.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    The book, "Deep nutrition" follows along with this way of thinking. I'm reading it again now. Basically the animal parts that we eat correspond to our own parts as to benefit. I.e., animal liver helps our livers, etc.

Excellent book.
    I have ordered this from Amazon, the reviews made me excited!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast