Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Careers for poeple who despise the public? page

  1. #1
    Rasputina's Avatar
    Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,023

    Careers for poeple who despise the public?

    Primal Fuel
    How do you convince an employer, after years of working in PR/Customer Service management, that you'd be perfect for a job working just with data/objects/office co-workers? (without saying, "I hate working with the public, despite my resume?")
    lol *PEOPLE* God, if I could type, that might help.
    Last edited by Rasputina; 06-27-2012 at 03:31 PM.

  2. #2
    Laura B's Avatar
    Laura B is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    74
    LOL...I've been working in retail for 18 years now, I can't even stand my co-workers anymore!

  3. #3
    RitaRose's Avatar
    RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    3,952
    That's one of the reasons why I read utility meters. I can talk to the nice people, but I can walk away from everyone else.

    And I'd much rather play with dogs anyway.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

  4. #4
    Rasputina's Avatar
    Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,023
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    That's one of the reasons why I read utility meters. I can talk to the nice people, but I can walk away from everyone else.

    And I'd much rather play with dogs anyway.
    Exactly. Dogs are nice, kids you can correct, mean adults that you can't slap, that presents a problem...

  5. #5
    RitaRose's Avatar
    RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    3,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    We just got our "smart" meter from SoCalEdison, and no more meter readers.
    Same reason why I'm losing my job sometimes between now and November. So... looking to work with dogs, if I have any say in it.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

  6. #6
    palebluedots's Avatar
    palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    342
    easy, you just say that you're at a point where you're ready to expand your skill set to make your resume even more diverse. easy peazy.

  7. #7
    Rasputina's Avatar
    Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,023
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Same reason why I'm losing my job sometimes between now and November. So... looking to work with dogs, if I have any say in it.
    That's rubbish that you'll lose your job, even for a bit! We have "self-check" at the library. It isn't more convenient- it's frustrating for the patron, and I get yelled at about it, from them. I'd rather just do it myself and save myself some yells.

  8. #8
    LJH's Avatar
    LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Same reason why I'm losing my job sometimes between now and November. So... looking to work with dogs, if I have any say in it.
    Not sure how you'd feel about relocating, but you're just 3 hrs. from the largest no-kill animal sanctuary in the country, and they're always looking for (non-flaky, willing to actually work) help.

  9. #9
    RitaRose's Avatar
    RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    3,952
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    Not sure how you'd feel about relocating, but you're just 3 hrs. from the largest no-kill animal sanctuary in the country, and they're always looking for (non-flaky, willing to actually work) help.
    I'm actually volunteering at a no-kill shelter just a few miles from my house. I get to go play with animals for a couple of hours at a time - how cool is that?!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

  10. #10
    RitaRose's Avatar
    RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    3,952
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    That's rubbish that you'll lose your job, even for a bit! We have "self-check" at the library. It isn't more convenient- it's frustrating for the patron, and I get yelled at about it, from them. I'd rather just do it myself and save myself some yells.
    We've been given our "21 day notice" (good for 6 month chunks) twice now. I've seen routes with 1300 reads cut down to 45 reads, so it's definitely going to happen. It's all good. I'm 47, and I REALLY don't want to be getting marriage proposals from drunks when I'm 50, or be screamed at by people that hate the company I work for either.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •