Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Careers for poeple who despise the public? page

Rasputina is offline Senior Member

Careers for poeple who despise the public?

Primal Fuel
    How do you convince an employer, after years of working in PR/Customer Service management, that you'd be perfect for a job working just with data/objects/office co-workers? (without saying, "I hate working with the public, despite my resume?")
    lol *PEOPLE* God, if I could type, that might help.
    Last edited by Rasputina; 06-27-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Laura B is offline Member
    LOL...I've been working in retail for 18 years now, I can't even stand my co-workers anymore!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    That's one of the reasons why I read utility meters. I can talk to the nice people, but I can walk away from everyone else.

And I'd much rather play with dogs anyway.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    That's one of the reasons why I read utility meters. I can talk to the nice people, but I can walk away from everyone else.

And I'd much rather play with dogs anyway.
    Exactly. Dogs are nice, kids you can correct, mean adults that you can't slap, that presents a problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    We just got our "smart" meter from SoCalEdison, and no more meter readers.
    Same reason why I'm losing my job sometimes between now and November. So... looking to work with dogs, if I have any say in it.

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    easy, you just say that you're at a point where you're ready to expand your skill set to make your resume even more diverse. easy peazy.

Same reason why I'm losing my job sometimes between now and November. So... looking to work with dogs, if I have any say in it.
    That's rubbish that you'll lose your job, even for a bit! We have "self-check" at the library. It isn't more convenient- it's frustrating for the patron, and I get yelled at about it, from them. I'd rather just do it myself and save myself some yells.

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Not sure how you'd feel about relocating, but you're just 3 hrs. from the largest no-kill animal sanctuary in the country, and they're always looking for (non-flaky, willing to actually work) help.

Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    Not sure how you'd feel about relocating, but you're just 3 hrs. from the largest no-kill animal sanctuary in the country, and they're always looking for (non-flaky, willing to actually work) help.
    I'm actually volunteering at a no-kill shelter just a few miles from my house. I get to go play with animals for a couple of hours at a time - how cool is that?!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    That's rubbish that you'll lose your job, even for a bit! We have "self-check" at the library. It isn't more convenient- it's frustrating for the patron, and I get yelled at about it, from them. I'd rather just do it myself and save myself some yells.
    We've been given our "21 day notice" (good for 6 month chunks) twice now. I've seen routes with 1300 reads cut down to 45 reads, so it's definitely going to happen. It's all good. I'm 47, and I REALLY don't want to be getting marriage proposals from drunks when I'm 50, or be screamed at by people that hate the company I work for either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast