Hi all,

My wife and I started primal 5 days ago and have finished about 1/3 - 1/2 of the book so far. Even though we haven't finished the book, we decided to start eating primal. Pretty much eating just meat, veggies, and fruit as recommended in the book...and a 1/2 sweet potato one day and a little brown rice another day. Coffee in the AM with stevia and tea at night with a small bit of raw honey. Using rice bread and rice crackers sparingly.

We both are having a lot of trouble with general malaise, muscle/joint pain, dizzy, headache, fatigue, sleeplessness...and last night I was a feverish shivering all night. What is funny is that my fever broke at 4 AM in about 30 min when I got up and had a bowl of puffed rice and almond milk.

We understand there is an adjustment period, but are these harsh symptoms normal? If so, when will they stop?!? We havenít even started the workout routines yet because we feel so bad.

On a positive note I have lost 4 lbs in 5 days without working out yet, my stomach feels MUCH better (I felt bloated a lot of the time), and my wife has seen some weight loss as well.

Thank you for your help and hopefully this adjustment period will be over soon so we can enjoy being part of the community.

Mark and Carrie