Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not feeling good; General malaise, muscle pain, dizzy, headache, fever... page 2

Comma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You don't have to avoid carbs. Just make them primal. You can cut them out over a longer time, if you wish, and avoid the head-on carb flu. And yes, drop the puffed rice and make that an omelett.

MarCar is offline Junior Member
    Ok, the puffed rice is gone. I guess in my mind I thought they were ok because they were gluten free and sugar free. We purchased some bread and crackers made with rice flower as well. Also bought some brown rice flour and almond flour I was going to try to use for baking. Are they not good? Organic, gluten free, no preservatives...all that. I can keep the brown/wild rice and sweet potatoes a few times a week, right?

I am feeling a lot better today as the day is progressing, but I know my caloric intake is very low these past 2 days just because of not feeling hungry/a little nauseated. Yesterday I finished a rotisserie chicken, a cup of chicken broth, and a buch of veggies. Today I have only had a Plum and a hardboiled egg for breakfast and an apple and a cheese stick for lunch, but I feel satisfied. Not hungry…and not nauseated anymore. Kind of feel I could start working out today.

TTBlue21 is offline Senior Member
    I am very new to this but you might want to try and give up cheese. I have read many people have some dairy, but I have noticed no full/bloated feeling when I dropped dairy all together.

Also, it sounds like you aren't eating enough though. I think the experienced people on here would suggest a larger lunch with more substance: meat, fish, etc.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    I would take it easy with working out until you feel 100%, and possibly until you get a consisent eating plan together. It took me about a month to figure out my menu planning and shopping.

Primal diet is GRAIN-free, not gluten-free. Gluten-free is just the latest fashion in Conventional Wisdom Standard American Diet (CW SAD). Primals dump grains entirely, so you will be automatically gluten free. If you're trying to lose weight, rice has to go. Others will advise you against almond flour, and in fact Primals have barely any reason to bake anything at all. Sweet potatoes are good, but in moderation, sorry.

Your menu for today -- what little there was -- was a little fruit-heavy, but I guess you knew that. Keep at it, it does take a while to get used to it. Eat more meat when you feel better.

For me, it was a major mental adjustment to realize that about 80% of a regular grocery store is off-limits. I now shop at the natural foods store and the farmer's market, and pick berries and vegetables from the local farms. When I go into a CW SAD grocery store these days, I am STUNNED at the amount of fakey stuff jumping at me from the shelves. Artificial coloring, unnaturally shaped synth food, convenience packaging, and single-serve packets, not to mention being attacked by mini video screens and coupon-spitting machines when I walk by. It's like shopping in a Willy Wonka cartoon. And everyone looks like Augustus Gloop.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

jesssa is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    And everyone looks like Augustus Gloop.
    MAJOR lol! Its so true though, sadly. You don't realise how much "filler" is in everything, and how much deceptive marketing really works until your eyes are truly opened.
    it does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live

at just the right time, we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12