Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Husband just got blood work back. Help me understand his cholesterol number

Shop Now
    Ah, the infatuation with cholesterol.....thank you pharmaceutical marketing team!

His Trigs are high. Less refined carbs would help. If I were to treat him (or anyone for that matter) I would take NO TESTS at all. I would have a lifestyle questionnaire and make changes based on that. I'd bet anything that this method would lead to better results every time.

“If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

If your goal is to help your husband be healthier, then you must get him to want the change himself, not just beat him over the head with it.

I highly recommend watching a video of Gary Taubes' WHY WE GET FAT lecture (watch it together, I say)

Authors@Google: Gary Taubes - YouTube

And then watch Robert Lustig's Sugar lecture:

Sugar: The Bitter Truth - YouTube

If those two videos make an impact, then perhaps get him to read TPB.

Good luck!

thanks everyone

truly. He does want to make some changes but he is NOT ready to give up his sweets or carbs at all. All I can do if offer him the information. right?

Learn More
    Yes. I think the Lustig lecture might be a powerful tool - he really paints sugar (esp Fructose) as ugly...
    “If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery