Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi and David Cameron this morning page

JuliaKathryn is offline Junior Member

Hi and David Cameron this morning

Primal Fuel
    Hi
    Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Julia and I live in England. On the today programme this morning Cameron announced his desire to put a tax on fat; foods containing fat that is. I was getting a sneaky hopeful suspicion that things were changing in reagrds to nutrition - ther is a programme on at the moment called 'the Men who Made us Fat'. the Cameron comes up with this. not saying fats in the foods we buy in the supermarket are good fats, just saying that fat is demonised yet again. the spokesperson on the radio defending the tax idea tentatively suggested a tax on soda drinks would be better, as if he knew but wasn't allowed to say ... Does America have a fat-tax? Cameron says he is following models from other countries.

croí is offline Senior Member
    no, America does not yet have a fat tax.... yet. Although, I do believe though the Soda taxes are higher than food taxes but not by much.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Netherlands have the fat tax.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JuliaKathryn View Post
    Hi
    Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Julia and I live in England. On the today programme this morning Cameron announced his desire to put a tax on fat; foods containing fat that is.
    It's probably mostly a way to raise money.

Having said that, I do recall a photograph of Cameron and his wife sitting at breakfast with that execrable clown Boris Johnson in a transport cafe, trying to look like "ordinary people". Johnson had the "full English breakfast," eggs, bacon, sausages, black pudding, tomatoes, baked beans ... all doubtless fried in polyunsaturated vegetable oil.

Cameron and his wife appeared to be breakfasting on a boiled tomato each.

There was a huge pile of toast on the table ... it seemed to be in front of Johnson.

There you have two completely different misunderstandings of how to eat:

Option 1: eat virtually nothing, and make sure what you do eat is low fat and "mostly plants";

Option 2: stuff whatever is on offer in your mouth. Don't turn down eggs, but make sure you get as much toast as possible.

With people like this how could Great Britain get any sensible national food policies?

I'm not making a party-political point. The opposition would be equally bad, or perhaps worse.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    With people like this how could Great Britain get any sensible national food policies?

I'm not making a party-political point. The opposition would be equally bad, or perhaps worse.
    We won't because there are too many in the committee.

Don't be harsh, just as bad will suffice.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

JuliaKathryn is offline Junior Member
    definately a way to raise money, but such bad messages. when is the tide going to start turning?

Artichoke is offline Senior Member
    Hi Julia, I'm a newbie here but might I suggest emailing your MP with your objections to fat tax and asking him/her to send your email on to the Minister for Public Health Anne Milton ?

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    I have never wanted to hurt and individual as badly as I have wanted to hurt Cameron, he just brings on the rage every time I am exsposed to anything the contemptable little turd has done. I thought Bush an imbercile and a disaster for the whole world, but just wanted him gone, Blair was a grinning sycophantic toad, but this slime, it's somehow beyond normal hatred and goes into to insane psyco rage.

Oh and Hi Julie for England - I'm not normally this mental
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Hi JuliaK, no I didnt see that.It dosnt surpirse me though. I did watch the first two episodes of 'The men who made us fat' . I was really excited as I thought the truth would out at last. What a missed opportunity that was. I didnt watch the other episodes I was so disgusted. Maybe I should have just in case I missed something !
    Ive noticed just recently that its getting hard to get anything except low fat suff in supermarkets. Sainsburys (oops, am I allowed to adverttise)? seem to keep a better selection. Even a local butcher we have ,trims all the fat off the meat. he does however render his own lard and beef fat.
    As another member said ,maybe we should contact our MPs. Trouble is, there'e so much going on that unless there was a groundswell ,as in, our human rights as 'fat eaters' are being compromised ,I think it might be a waste of time.
    Barbara , Norfolk

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    I sat at Harvard Law last year and listened to Dr. Lustig lay out his case for controlling sugar in the same way that tobacco and alcohol are controlled, not only taxation but limited access. The science was interesting but the social engineering aspect of it sounded quite mad. He intimated that he had a direct line to the White House & FLOTUS's anti-fat campaign and sure enough some of these ideas are now being proposed at the local level.

These are the same folks that gave you the cholesterol hypothesis. As has already been suggested I think that this is a marriage of convenience with tax starved governments. At least in the US, non-restaurant food (groceries)has largely escaped taxation and sugar/fat/salt specific taxes are just the first steps in the elimination of the sales tax exemption for all foodstuff regardless of content. Someone has to pay for O'care.

BTW, Dr. L sure could use the Primal Blueprint. It is so obvious that he felt the necessity to mention it several times. He specifically blamed it on Maker's Mark. It's a lot of whiskey, I'll say.
    Last edited by IvyBlue; 07-01-2012 at 06:57 AM.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast