Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suddenly hungry in mornings page

jtrain_36 is offline Member

Suddenly hungry in mornings

Primal Fuel
    Hi all,

I have been IFing for about the past month, for two reasons. The first being the health benefits, while the second was the fact that I was just never hungry in the mornings. Now I did have some weight to lose when I started, probably still have some to lose now but not as much.

I was wondering, is there anyone else who suddenly started getting hungry in the mornings again? Is this normal? My activity level hasn't changed at all, and it's been this way for the past week or so.

Thanks

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Perfectly normal. Could just be that since you've lost weight, you're getting hungrier more often, happens to lots of people. You could try changing your IF window to earlier or try eating bigger meals in your window to see if it goes away.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

lotusberries is online now Senior Member
    I only get hungry in the mornings if I eat too close to going to sleep (within a couple of hours), or if I don't get enough sleep. I get hungry when I've recently dropped weight, but I get that hunger in the evenings. I dropped 20lbs a couple of months ago and have been fighting constant evening hunger ever since. So, yeah, might be the weight-loss. I'm hoping it just passes.

Oceanside is offline Junior Member
    I am 3 weeks in and 9 lbs. down and noticed I had cravings yesterday evening for the first time...luckily I grabbed for some radishes and a little cucumber. I was hungrier this morning too...went for 3 eggs intstead of two. I was actually liking not feeling hungry...especially between meals. I hope these cravings don't last.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I have so am drinking some milk in the morning.

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    I started getting hungrier during my 24+ hour fasts now that I am down 70+ pounds this year, but I also put some of the blame on the fact that I increased my sugar intake within the last couple of weeks by eating a lot of bananas and berries. I'm going to do some self experimentation to see if changing back makes the hunger go away.
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Less adiposity = less leptin. In other words, your body is working the way it's supposed to, towards a sustainable equilibrium.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I do occasionally. When I do, I eat some eggs if it is still early-ish. I get up around 4 a.m. so sometimes it is a long stretch until 12, or 1 or 2 (if I am going for 19 hrs) Otherwise I open my lunch window early.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    I was hungry this morning so I ate 1700 calories.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Tercio is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've never been able to eat in the mornings. What works for me is a good chunk of sweet grass fed butter in my morning mug of coffee. Keeps me going until the afternoons 1st meal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast