Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tips to get rid of water retention page 3

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I just drank two glasses of coconut water (that puts me to somewhere around 2450/2500 kcal for today, do you think it's appropriate for someone of my age, 5'11'', who's not working out and has to develop his body through late puberty ?). As for the sugar content of it, it's like a piece of fruit am I right ?

I'm getting very very bloated. I tried to drink more water, however it was a water which is really rich in minerals, especially magnesium and calcium. And it has a little bit of sodium
    "Calcium (Ca2+) 549
    Magnesium (Mg2+) 119
    Chlorures (Cl-) 11
    Sodium (Na+) 14
    Potassium (K+) 4
    Sulfates (SO42-) 1530
    Bicarbonates 384
    Nitrate (NO3-) 4,3"

What do you think of it ? It did nothing, if anything it made it worse.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Ok if anyone's interested, I finally found out I have malnutrition edema like people suffering from anorexia nervosa on a daily caloric intake as high as 2400/2500 kcal. The only way for me to reduce it is to eat at least around 3000 kcal. STRANGE.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Tercio is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Ok if anyone's interested, I finally found out I have malnutrition edema like people suffering from anorexia nervosa on a daily caloric intake as high as 2400/2500 kcal. The only way for me to reduce it is to eat at least around 3000 kcal. STRANGE.
    Wow, that sucks. best wishes.

Tercio

mom5booklover is offline Senior Member
    That sounds bad. I hope it's something you can work through. Do the doctors know what causes it? How you got it? etc....What deficiencies you have? There might be a way to figure out where it's occuring just by knowing what vitamins and minerals are deficient as they are all digested in different parts of the intestines and sometimes completely different organs.
    F/37yr/5' 5"
    SW: 154 March 2011
    CW: 140 July to Oct 2011
    PB: 145 gained 5lbs in first 4 months March to July 2012
    With a combo of PB and IF-ing 5 days a week (1 x 1200 calorie meal per day) I have lost 15 lbs PB/IF = 130 lbs July 2012 to current
    GW: 120
    Ultimate Goals ar to be: Happy/ Fit/ Energetic/ Feel great/ Balanced/ cure my thyroid and adrenals

mom5booklover is offline Senior Member
    I just drank two glasses of coconut water (that puts me to somewhere around 2450/2500 kcal for today, do you think it's appropriate for someone of my age, 5'11'', who's not working out and has to develop his body through late puberty ?). As for the sugar content of it, it's like a piece of fruit am I right ?

I'm getting very very bloated. I tried to drink more water, however it was a water which is really rich in minerals, especially magnesium and calcium. And it has a little bit of sodium

"Calcium (Ca2+) 549
    Magnesium (Mg2+) 119
    Chlorures (Cl-) 11
    Sodium (Na+) 14
    Potassium (K+) 4
    Sulfates (SO42-) 1530
    Bicarbonates 384
    Nitrate (NO3-) 4,3"

What do you think of it ? It did nothing, if anything it made it worse.
    .........And yes it is similar to eating a piece of fruit. I believe it has about 17 to 20 carbs per 16 to 20 oz. It should be beneficial for you to drink the coconut water more. You have alot of calories to use up it looks like now that you are needing 3000 per day. It's hard to get that many when eating primal.
    F/37yr/5' 5"
    SW: 154 March 2011
    CW: 140 July to Oct 2011
    PB: 145 gained 5lbs in first 4 months March to July 2012
    With a combo of PB and IF-ing 5 days a week (1 x 1200 calorie meal per day) I have lost 15 lbs PB/IF = 130 lbs July 2012 to current
    GW: 120
    Ultimate Goals ar to be: Happy/ Fit/ Energetic/ Feel great/ Balanced/ cure my thyroid and adrenals

stevenlewis is offline Banned
    How to Get Rid of Water Weight Drink eight to 10 glasses of water per day. Although edema is fluid retention, drinking plenty of clear fluids, such as water, will flush out toxins and excess fluid build up. According to the University of Maryland Medical Center, excess water retention can cause kidney strain, therefore flushing the kidneys with water will relieve unnecessary damage due to continuous kidney strain.

mimsy is offline Junior Member
    I am interested as well. I routinely bloat up 10-15 lbs of water and it's a pain in the tush to get rid of. VLC does the trick but I have some pre existing thyroid issues so I can't maintain that for long without doing some damage. How did you find out about the deficiencies? Do you know the specifics? I never found drinking lots of fluids helps me and often seems to make things worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123