Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you call yourself? page 3

Shop Now
    I call myself Proof It Does with a primal/paleo eating habit.

"Does it work?"
    "I'm Proof It Does."
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    you guys must be surrounded by lunatics
    indeed.

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    My response usually runs along the lines of: "No, I am NOT vegetarian." And: "I eat food." People are just making a small talk.
    "I don't eat garbage." (and then they look at me like a dog that's been shown a card trick when I'm sucking down a steak so rare that it attempts to eat my side salad).
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I'm a picky eater.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Family already associates me with paleo diet, which is accurate, so I don't really need to say anything more except to make better suggestions for fats/oils on occasion. Extended family, I describe it as grain-free whole foods. Co-workers usually ask about "what I'm eating" so I answer with, "Veggies, fruits, seeds, nuts, meat, good fats". If they bother me more, I explain that I have sensitivities to legumes (like soy) and grains (like wheat) and refined sugar, so I avoid them. I can whip out the "lost 15 lbs" card if they seem like they want to be impressed because when the topic of bacon comes up, I get a lot of "well you can get away with it".
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I look them in the eye and say "Ooga-booga. Caveman diet. Focused on complete nutrition from whole animals and plants, no grains or garbage." Or sometimes, just to see them turn pale, I tell them that I get most of my calories from animal fat, "like lard, but from a cow - it's called tallow." and watch them writhe in CW agony at the thought. I derive much pleasure from watching their little minds blow.
    I'll definitely borrow this, for next time
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    I say I eat the real food that agrees with me.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Family already associates me with paleo diet, which is accurate, so I don't really need to say anything more except to make better suggestions for fats/oils on occasion. Extended family, I describe it as grain-free whole foods. Co-workers usually ask about "what I'm eating" so I answer with, "Veggies, fruits, seeds, nuts, meat, good fats". If they bother me more, I explain that I have sensitivities to legumes (like soy) and grains (like wheat) and refined sugar, so I avoid them. I can whip out the "lost 15 lbs" card if they seem like they want to be impressed because when the topic of bacon comes up, I get a lot of "well you can get away with it".
    I've started using the sensitivity card, lately. People will always understand common health issues, but not optimal food choices
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    If I have to put a label on it I tell people I am sort of the opposite of a vegetarian, I eat mostly meat.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lssanjose View Post
    I've started using the sensitivity card, lately. People will always understand common health issues, but not optimal food choices
    Yeah, but then you get the PITY. "Oh you poor thing! No pizza? No cake?" Have yet to find a way to bash that one down. Maybe "Well I won't get fat or diabetes!"
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast