Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you call yourself? page 2

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    "I eat natural foods: Meat, fish, vegetables, fruit, nuts and seeds... Grains, refined sugar, and hydrogenated fats are a major factor in the declining health in developed countries."

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    Conversation usually ends with, "which one of us has a six-pack? Must be doing something right."
    *Snort*
    With my sister and I it usually ends up with, "We are the same height, only 2 years apart in age and we were both a size 16 but now I'm a 6. I just climbed a mountain while you are getting hip replacement surgery and have deteriorating spinal discs. So, you think there might be something to this 'crazy diet plan' of mine?"

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    *Snort*
    With my sister and I it usually ends up with, "We are the same height, only 2 years apart in age and we were both a size 16 but now I'm a 6. I just climbed a mountain while you are getting hip replacement surgery and have deteriorating spinal discs. So, you think there might be something to this 'crazy diet plan' of mine?"
    But but but...uhhh...you have better genetics! Wait....uhh...it's because you work out? (At least that's probably part of it).
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    But but but...uhhh...you have better genetics! Wait....uhh...it's because you work out? (At least that's probably part of it).
    Hard for a sister to pull the genetics card.

Yeah, I think that's the thing that bugs my CW friends most about my success. How little exercise is really required to make this work while they are busting their butts at the gym and getting nowhere.

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Hard for a sister to pull the genetics card.
    That was the uhhh...wait.. part lol.

And my brother has tried to pull the "I'm bigger boned" than you. He's 5 years younger, but otherwise my clone...just 45 pounds heavier.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

primal_alex is offline Senior Member
    I'm subscribing to this thread, it looks promising

I do not define myself as I do not feel the need. Should I give a definition, I would say that I eat what I like.

However, people notice that I eat a lot of meat, especially when I am in the cafeteria and everybody else has either pasta, white rice, or a bowl of mixed fruits salad (you know, summer, bikini, gotta lose fat...). It goes somehow like this:

- What is that?
    - Roasted rabbit, wrapped in lard.
    - And you're slim...
    - Yep. It's genetic.
    - That's what makes me even more angry!

or again:

- Chicken... curry... cream...
    - No, it's coco milk.
    - Coco milk... black mushrooms... and that's it?
    - Yup, what else?
    - You should eat jasmine rice with it.
    - Mmm... no. Not really. It's just good enough like this.

That's it.

I tried to explain a couple of times what's wrong with carbs. When people are not willing to drop their pre-concepts, it is "not well spent time", so I decided that my stress management is more important than giving explanations or finding a label for my lifestyle. Live and let... survive

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    I just tell people I'm a nutritional fringe lunatic and they probably don't want to get me started on the subject.

If they push for more, I usually give them a zoo analogy. For instance:

If you put a gorilla in a zoo and feed him some food you created in your laboratory, and he got sick or fat from it, wouldn't you try to better emulate his wild diet? I eat a diet that tries to emulate the diet of wild humans.

Not saying it works, but I try. Seems like the most concise answer. You're sick/fat because you're a zoo human.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    My response usually runs along the lines of: "No, I am NOT vegetarian." And: "I eat food." People are just making a small talk.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i.. don't really have to say anything

you guys must be surrounded by lunatics
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    longrod von hugendong...giggity

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast