Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sick, no appetite page 2

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    sorry you feel crappy but I agree, don't force it. Water. Maybe berries?

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Nady- That's a good point.

Thanks for the thought guys.

Health is improved. I can breathe out of my nose now, and my head no longer feels like a balloon. Unfortunately my super-sonic werewolf hearing is gone too. (That was pretty cool how LOUD everything was.) Stomach is feeling better but appetite is still minimal. I think I'm on day... 6? Managed some meat each night this week... 6 ounces perhaps. Eggs went down the last two days also.

Attempted an apple yesterday. I was actually hungry and able to eat. Then I wrenched my jaw. Go figure- lol!

At what point should I consider this a problem? I don't want my body to get stuck in this mode or something. :-/

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Nady- That's a good point.

Thanks for the thought guys.

Health is improved. I can breathe out of my nose now, and my head no longer feels like a balloon. Unfortunately my super-sonic werewolf hearing is gone too. (That was pretty cool how LOUD everything was.) Stomach is feeling better but appetite is still minimal. I think I'm on day... 6? Managed some meat each night this week... 6 ounces perhaps. Eggs went down the last two days also.

Attempted an apple yesterday. I was actually hungry and able to eat. Then I wrenched my jaw. Go figure- lol!

At what point should I consider this a problem? I don't want my body to get stuck in this mode or something. :-/
    Since you are improving bit by bit I wouldn't worry about it for a while. I only worry about things that are getting worse on their own instead of better

Make sure you are getting fluids and I'm sure your appetite will be back in no time.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    Why do people insist on eating when their body is screaming *I'm busy ~ stop sidetracking me with digestion!* I'll never understand. When you're sick and lose your desire to eat, it's you body's way of letting you know it doesn't want food. Believe me, you won't starve to death. Appetite and hunger will return when you're on the road to recovery.

While I do agree that food intake is not a big deal in this case and i am a fan of fasting, you can't actually know what your body wants when it has been hijacked by an illness. People used to argue that really bad diarrhea was the bodies way of getting rid of an invader, but in reality it is the bug that causes the severe diarrhea in order to promote spread of the infection! So it is just as likely that a virus is making you lose your appetite to make you weak as it is that your body knows it needs a break from digestion.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Six days huh? My guess is that you got a dose of food poisoning. Stomach viruses typically last about 3 days. Salmonella and similar bacteria are more like 7-10 days in duration. I had it once and its awful! I was deathly ill for over a week and slowly got better over the next 2-3 weeks. It was like a month of my life. I lost more than 20 lbs.

The good news is that you will most definitely come around and all the foods you love will still taste great even if you can't imagine it right now. Just listen to your body and stay hydrated.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    More than a year ago I didn't eat for 7 days because I was sick. Maybe I had a smoothie or something. I came out fine. I don't think you should worry
    Billie trips balls

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks everyone. I'm pretty much back to "normal" now. Still eating kind of light but I survived. It was just very strange to be hungry and totally grossed out by the thought of food at the same time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12